Honda Prelude Forum banner

Kumho Ecsta AST

6K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  johnrore 
#1 ·
These ratings are my personal opinion not specs, on a scale to 10 and compared to my experience with the same RIM size.

Kumho Ecsta AST 205/40/17

Ride Quality:7 (Surprised me for a 40 profile on 17's)
Dry Traction:7
Wet Traction:7
Wear:8
Price:7 ($79 shipped each so ~$320 total)
Overall: 7.2

#3 ·
I have em on my lude, I would say, they are...."ok", for the price its a good tire. Why do I say this, I work for Discount Tire Co. lol

1. Its great for the average normal driver during the wet/dry season
2. somewhat, hard to grip when it rains, so if you live in a rainy area, i suggest a better all season tire.
3. If you race alot, or have a heavy foot...I definately recommend a better tire, this tire, IMO sucks when gripping the road. I spin out all the time before getting some traction at launch.
4. they do last a while for its price. If you rotate your tires often, and have proper alignment done. then they should last you 30ish thousand miles.

Overall, if you are on a low ball budget, these tires are pretty good, and also the Falken Azenis RT-625K are pretty good(great for street/racing)

I give em a 6/10 rating for its price, life, and the handling

#5 ·
I just got a set of 205-50-15 for my sawblades and I like them a lot. I have no complaints about em and they look good. I haven't had a chance to drive em in the rain yet but I'm sure they'll perform better than my last tires.

#8 ·
i have these on my lude in the front, grip is ok but for me the sidewall is too soft. they do stretch nicely but when cornering hard the feel a little mooshy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.