Honda Prelude Forum banner

KTeller SS Mandrel Exhaust Piping

16K views 40 replies 18 participants last post by  Jrey102 
#1 ·
Ordered this kit from kteller on honda tech. It is an excellent kit and they always give more than enough pipe for what you need. The customer service for them is great as well. It looks great on my car!

#5 · (Edited)
It's probably 2.5" OD which Depending on the wall thickness Should be around 2 3/8" ID. Also there website has Civic 2 Door, Civic 4 Door, 2.25 2.5 and 3" Listed in the item details for the 5th Lude Gen Kits :(

#7 ·
You got a part number and price for the 3"? Its not actually listed on the site. Only thing under 5th gens is listed as Honda Civic 2 and 4 door...

#10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadidle
its suppose to be 2.5" but when i measure mine i get 60mm or about 2.3" which is the same size as any cat back system

It's probably 2.5" OD which Depending on the wall thickness Should be around 2 3/8" ID. Also there website has Civic 2 Door, Civic 4 Door, 2.25 2.5 and 3" Listed in the item details for the 5th Lude Gen Kits :sad:
So the purpose of getting the 2.5" kit from keteller is that its 2.5" compared to 60mm or 2.3" cat backs from manufactures, thus having a little more flow. So when looking at manufactured catbacks are the ID 60mm or 60mm OD ?

#12 ·
eh i didnt like my kteller 3 inch kit. i had to cut pipes to make it fit under the back suspension. i also had to wait over 2 months for mine and after a month they responded to m 10 emails i sent to them. if i were anyone i would just go to a muffler shop or a performance shop. just my $0.02

#13 ·
I have the same three inch kit. i just had to cut length off the straight pipe portion to fit the resonator in. Started from back end to header, then tacked everything in placed. Pulled it out welded all joints. So its not a bolt on kit.

#18 ·
he was reffering to the old site before the newest update it did say only civic options lol.i remember thats why i diddnt purchase before but i should be buying the 3inch here real soon, kteller i love yalls exausts haha.

#21 ·
just because you have the tools and thirty years under your belt doesnt mean squat. he could have been doing half assed work for the past thirty years. its a pre-bent KIT for custom exhaust. you HAVE to cut it, but cutting it five times to fit sounds like you and the master exhaust guy didnt know what you were doing. im not arguing with you, but you slam kteller here and on another thread but then you try to back peddle and say nice things about them...user error dude, sorry.

#23 ·
lol ok guy, the s bend b4 the axle hit the under side of my car in 2 spots because it wasnt bent soon enough. and the bends that go over the axle were not right and made the exhaust sit to low, so we had to cut pipes to make it sit higher and didnt fit right under the axle befor we cut them. but w.e i dont know anything. like i said, other people like it, but i didnt have a good expirience with fitment

#30 ·
I got a 3" kit from kteller years ago. It cost quite a lot to have installed.
The exhaust cost me about $1000 cad after all was said and done.
kteller kit $250
Muffler $120
resonator $100
tig welded together $400 and then some tax.
What was your header and muffler? I like KTeller they told me they could get all of what I wanted. Which I would like a Hytech Replica, maybe carsound cat, no resonator, and a Vibrant muffler.

#36 ·
i guess i could run 3 in, i just was planning on 2.5 in all the way out cause thats what my collector is. do they make a stock looking 3 inch in muffler? i know vibrant has one for a 2.5 in think. so having a resonator in there wont efect hp much? how long of a resonator? 3in pipe will be more expensive, especially since i would like mandrel and SS. do they make a GOOD high flow cat that 3" in and out?

#37 ·
i guess i could run 3 in, i just was planning on 2.5 in all the way out cause thats what my collector is. do they make a stock looking 3 inch in muffler? i know vibrant has one for a 2.5 in think. so having a resonator in there wont efect hp much? how long of a resonator? 3in pipe will be more expensive, especially since i would like mandrel and SS. do they make a GOOD high flow cat that 3" in and out?
ya 2.5 is fine if you have minor upgrades.

and my thermal exhaust looks pretty much stock looking .

and im not sure i only use a cat when i go to emissions than i take it off.

#41 ·
I hate to bring up a dead thread BUT I have a PLM header with a 2.5” outlet and bought a 3” inlet and outlet ultra quiet vibrant resonator but my question is how to I do I marry the 3” kteller exhaust to my header ? Or better yet should I put the vibrant resonator where the cat should be ? Sorry I’m new 😬

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.