Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered this kit from kteller on honda tech. It is an excellent kit and they always give more than enough pipe for what you need. The customer service for them is great as well. It looks great on my car!

·
Registered
102 Posts
its suppose to be 2.5" but when i measure mine i get 60mm or about 2.3" which is the same size as any cat back system

·
Registered
484 Posts
its suppose to be 2.5" but when i measure mine i get 60mm or about 2.3" which is the same size as any cat back system
It's probably 2.5" OD which Depending on the wall thickness Should be around 2 3/8" ID. Also there website has Civic 2 Door, Civic 4 Door, 2.25 2.5 and 3" Listed in the item details for the 5th Lude Gen Kits :(

·
Registered
484 Posts
mine is a true 3", not sure what you guys are talking about.
You got a part number and price for the 3"? Its not actually listed on the site. Only thing under 5th gens is listed as Honda Civic 2 and 4 door...

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,258 Posts
A local kid here has one of their 2.5" pre-bent kits, i was impressed when i saw it- i would definitely recommend them.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadidle

It's probably 2.5" OD which Depending on the wall thickness Should be around 2 3/8" ID. Also there website has Civic 2 Door, Civic 4 Door, 2.25 2.5 and 3" Listed in the item details for the 5th Lude Gen Kits :sad:
So the purpose of getting the 2.5" kit from keteller is that its 2.5" compared to 60mm or 2.3" cat backs from manufactures, thus having a little more flow. So when looking at manufactured catbacks are the ID 60mm or 60mm OD ?

·
Registered
472 Posts
eh i didnt like my kteller 3 inch kit. i had to cut pipes to make it fit under the back suspension. i also had to wait over 2 months for mine and after a month they responded to m 10 emails i sent to them. if i were anyone i would just go to a muffler shop or a performance shop. just my $0.02

·
Registered
212 Posts
eh i didnt like my kteller 3 inch kit. i had to cut pipes to make it fit under the back suspension. i also had to wait over 2 months for mine and after a month they responded to m 10 emails i sent to them. if i were anyone i would just go to a muffler shop or a performance shop. just my $0.02
I have the same three inch kit. i just had to cut length off the straight pipe portion to fit the resonator in. Started from back end to header, then tacked everything in placed. Pulled it out welded all joints. So its not a bolt on kit.

·
Registered
102 Posts
so whats the difference between a WS2 cat back and a Kteller "2.5in" exhasut with a WS2 muffler ? Is the piping diameter the same ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's probably 2.5" OD which Depending on the wall thickness Should be around 2 3/8" ID. Also there website has Civic 2 Door, Civic 4 Door, 2.25 2.5 and 3" Listed in the item details for the 5th Lude Gen Kits :(
Sir, if you can email me a link where this is listed, we can fix it. I do not see this anywhere and maybe it was a misclick from the past. I just want to make sure everything is listed as best as possible for our customers.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have the same three inch kit. i just had to cut length off the straight pipe portion to fit the resonator in. Started from back end to header, then tacked everything in placed. Pulled it out welded all joints. So its not a bolt on kit.
i had to cut mine about 5 times to get it to fit properly over the axle back. but maybe everyone has had better luck with theirs. lol otherwise everything was nice

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
he was reffering to the old site before the newest update it did say only civic options lol.i remember thats why i diddnt purchase before but i should be buying the 3inch here real soon, kteller i love yalls exausts haha.

·
Registered
677 Posts
i had to cut mine about 5 times to get it to fit properly over the axle back. but maybe everyone has had better luck with theirs. lol otherwise everything was nice
seems like user error...:tounge:

on another thread you said they were crap, here you say everything was nice...

maybe you should have let someone else install it for you and you wouldnt have had so many issues.

·
Registered
472 Posts
seems like user error...:tounge:

on another thread you said they were crap, here you say everything was nice...

maybe you should have let someone else install it for you and you wouldnt have had so many issues.
i did it with a guy that owns a exhaust shop, has his own mandril bender, and has been doing exhaust for over 30 years. yup user error
and yes the fitment was crap, why should u have to cut 2 sections 5 times on a prefit exhaust?? the polished stainless was nice, but thats about it. and when it took over a month and a half to get, when they ignore email and calls. idk maybe i got a shitty few bends that usually doesnt happen.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts