Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i oredered the koni yellow sport struts which have external adjustable damping and ride height, well installing them is basically self explanitory, but the instuctions dont have any words...just pictures and it shows them preping the struts before you install them...i think...by compressing and turning them a certain amount of times, thats where i became confused because i know that when you dont have the externaly adj. ones you need to set your damping rate before you put them in...

so do i need to prep them in some sort of way before i install them, such as is there a valve that needs to be locked in by compressing and turning the strut or can i just put them in and adjust them through the tool they give...

btw i was just basically looking over what i need to do, and these are just the instructions for the rear two, being that they wont be sending out the front pair untill next week

sorry for the length of the question, any help is very much appreciated!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
If they are externally adjustable, then all you have to do is install them.

Even some yellows are internally adjustable. Those you have to compress to adjust the damping.

So if your shocks have the little thing on top so that they're externally adjustable, you don't have to worry about compressing them or anything.

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
Yea, do they have the little spade on the top with the black caps that came with the shocks? If so then put them on, then adjust to your liking!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thanks alot, i was almost positive that all i had to do was install them but i wanted to make sure that i didnt need to set the valve inside, because yes i have the externally adj. ones, so thats awesome...when i get my front ones in ill install them all and take some pics, thanks for the help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts