Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I bought a 98 Prelude about a month ago and it's sitting at a pretty low ride height (can barely get up my curb) and I wanted to see what it would take to raise it. I live in Chicago and we have a pretty rough winter so I would like to be able to raise the car for winter. I knew the car had Koni Yellows and Neuspeed springs when I bought it. Anyway, I took off one of the front rims and saw that the Koni Yellow was on the highest C Clip perch for the spring so I can't get any more ride height from the yellow's themselves. I have been doing some research and have found that Koni makes threaded coilover sleeves for the yellows. Will putting on these sleeves not only solve my issue, but give me a coilover setup? From what I have read, it seems the sleeves are made to sit on the c clip on the koni yellows and you literally just slide the sleeves on and set up the spring to rest on the adjustable coil perch. Just wanted to know if anyone would be able to help me out and If anyone knows if this will work. I want to raise the car before winter hits the cheapest way that I can. Worst comes to worst I will put a whole coilover kit on but I would like to avoid that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just found out that Koni makes two coilover sleeve kits one with a 40 mm upper spring perch and one with a 25 mm upper spring perch. Which kit would I need for the front struts?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts