·
RHD Pimpin
10,155 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it right under the IM

·
bangin' gears
15,676 Posts
Zapp said:
my knock sesnsor is throwing up a CEL and I cannot find to sensor to replace it. Where is the nock sensor located on a H22a?
right above the oil filter on a base model.

the one in the picture is broke off, but its right above the oil filter, above the water pump hosing, between cylinder 2 and 3

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
thanks for the input.

does anyone know the resistance of the knock sensor so I can do a temporary fix to get rid of the CEL and get VTEC back? I am gonna try to put a resistor in place of the knock sensor until i can get a new sensor.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Are you sure it's the knock sensor that is the problem, and not something the sensor is sensing?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well I found out that the sensor was not hooked up correctly because I put a JDM motor in a USDM car. so I just soldered the wire on and it worked just fine. thanks for the help tho

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well I found out that the sensor was not hooked up correctly because I put a JDM motor in a USDM car. so I just soldered the wire on and it worked just fine. thanks for the help tho

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.