Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, raced a camaro tonight. A 2000 Z28 A4 (claiming 3.42 gears). We ran from 75-105(top of my 4th). I pulled him by 1 car. We talked, he admitted that it was a fair run and that he had never been pulled before. Claimed to have an LS6 under the hood (BS) and let me look, i just saw a normal stock LS1. Oh well, thought I would let you guys know about it.

Synopsis: Mustang-1 Camaro -0

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
you should race that guy that just joined. he is somewhere in Cali I think. Good race man

·
The Good Stuff
3,587 Posts
N/A Power is who all other domestic owners should model after. He posts his kills but hes not bashing nothing. Good kill bro!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THX for the vote of confidence, I think had he been 6-speed he may have been =/ pulled me a tad. LS1's are beasts. A few bolt-ons and im done :(
I was on the way to the shop though, gonna have the 5.0 EFI ripped out and carbureted next week, will post up saying how she does afterwards.

Nah, I like any fast car with intelligent mods and good taste behind it.

·
The Good Stuff
3,587 Posts
N/Apower said:
THX for the vote of confidence, I think had he been 6-speed he may have been =/ pulled me a tad. LS1's are beasts. A few bolt-ons and im done :(
I was on the way to the shop though, gonna have the 5.0 EFI ripped out and carbureted next week, will post up saying how she does afterwards.

Nah, I like any fast car with intelligent mods and good taste behind it.
And a driver who is a good sport. :smilejap:
And I thought you already had it carburated?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, I am currently fuel injection but it idles like ass and is rich at low RPM's and lean at the high rpms. Its a pain, im going carb :)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Good kill. Now it's my turn to go find one. :evil smile:

I really don't like people that b.s. about what they have.

On a side note, is the EFI on the 5.0's that bad? I like street tuning cars, and I can't imagine doing it without a little computer aiding me, but then again I'm sure there are guys who get confused by all the buttons. I know on the older RX7's people like to go carbed for a little gain in top end, but every other part of the powerband tends to suffer. I don't know what it would be like for you to do it, but my preference would be to get some sort of standalone and have a field day fine tuning it.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, most 5.0's take well to the mods I have, for some reason though, mine hates me, lol. Also, carb should give me a tad more hp on the top of the curve as well as look better under the hood and allow me more room to work with if i ever do any other mods (doubt it). All in all, i did not want to pay $500 for a dynotune which the nearest tuner (dallas, TX) said "might" work. Thats BS for that kind of $$. So I am carb'ing it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
TopEndLude said:
you should race that guy that just joined. he is somewhere in Cali I think. Good race man
Would that be me? I'm M6 with 3.42 gears and I know how to use them. I will race N/A, but after that i'm gonna look for you...:devil:

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
N/Apower said:
gonna have the 5.0 EFI ripped out and carbureted next week, will post up saying how she does afterwards.
why ?

sure carbs are cheaper, butyou can do much more with F/I

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I've Driven a 96 camaro Z28 6 speed...that was scary lol. it was plain stock and it was awesome lol. Scary to think of a jap going that fast, but he raced a boosted 90 integra and only one by one car, and they raced from a roll next to MIA, it was fun. But I definitely give the 6 speeds a thumbs up.

·
Registered
160 Posts
valenburg said:
I've Driven a 96 camaro Z28 6 speed...that was scary lol. it was plain stock and it was awesome lol. Scary to think of a jap going that fast, but he raced a boosted 90 integra and only one by one car, and they raced from a roll next to MIA, it was fun. But I definitely give the 6 speeds a thumbs up.
That's how I was when I got my 1st Camaro (1987 IROC-Z). For it's day that dam thing was FAST!. Scared me more than me enjoying it LOL.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Go drive a 98+ Z28...THAT is sick fast if you thought the 96 was scary, lol. Nah, SS would prolly beat me with that 107 trap. I am thinking I trap 103-105.

·
Registered
160 Posts
No man, you forgot. LS1's are slow. LOL I was suprised myself. I had no idea LS1's were THAT fast. I thought they were just saying it because it was a Camaro SS. To some people the SS means it's a gift from god.

·
The Good Stuff
3,587 Posts
LS1's are what give all Camaros a good name and why people who don't know any better think the 3.8 is just as fast. They're sadly mistaking because my stock Si takes them down without any trouble.

·
Registered
160 Posts
si_speed said:
LS1's are what give all Camaros a good name and why people who don't know any better think the 3.8 is just as fast. They're sadly mistaking because my stock Si takes them down without any trouble.
I don't think the LS1's are what gives camaros a good name. Really the LS1 is a very low tech engine. Same concept for 35 years. Very minimal change through the years. Camaros are know for reliability and the get up and go factor, just as the vette. The Camaro really started getting it's popularity back when the IROC-Z came out giving the 305 monserous tourque from the tuned port injection. Then the LT1, then the LS1, and now the LS7.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts