Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, I recently bought a 2000 prelude, it came with two black keys with fobs like this:

I had my head under the dash looking around and found what I assume to be the computer for an alarm, it has CM3000-v.2 written on it. The only problem is that I have no control remote or anything for it, I think what I need is this:

I just wanted a bit of information regarding the factory alarm and whether or not that keyfob would work.

·
Administrator
6,802 Posts
If you have two normal FOB's, you only have keyless entry.

Hitting the lock button twice and hearing the horn would be one sign that you have a factory alarm. Otherwise, I doubt the previous owner would have changed them.

Post a photo of the part in question and maybe we can figure out what it is

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The car is definitely set up for an alarm, and I'm
Pretty sure that the module I showed is the alarm. I remember the previous owner saying something about losing a keyfob, so I assume that would have been the one that I need.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's also a small button on the module that when pushed, flashed the lights and makes the horn "chirp" a few times

·
Administrator
6,802 Posts
Agreed, not a factory alarm.

I recently removed a compustar system from my car. Mine failed, resulting in the car not starting at all...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, so I've been doing a bit of research, I need to find out what antenna I have, then I can figure out which remote to order.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts