Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the list jus keeps gettin bigger......., ill make this short, When i turn my key to start the car, the ignition wont stay to run. If i find the right spot i can get the ignition to stay on run, and if you turn it too far, nothing jus stays to acc or whatever it is.

Jus need to know exactly what it is....., today is free parts day at the wreckers.:sigh:

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
buy one new at a parts store, dont get a junkyard ignition switch. they're pretty cheap brand new, and worth the extra cost over a junkyard one

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
DAAMANNN said:
so its the actual ignition switch?? what should i ask for at the part store??
Try "ignition switch"

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
lol lewd. ok daamannn, you're not signing onto msn. so i'll just tell you. autozone, ignition switch. its under the starting and charging section online, and probably the same section in the store's computers.

dont get it from napa, they will rape you similar to the stealership.

if you really want, you can buy a used one from someone on this site, like me. i have one if you want it. but dont get one from a junkyard, chances are teh car has been sitting for a while, and probably with a lot of moisture in the car. also meaning the switch hasnt been operated in quite a while and wont have very good contact points anymore. a used one that has been used and works perfectly for sure recently is ok though. but i still recommend a brand new one

1 - 8 of 8 Posts