Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this year I was going to get my car painted, but plans have changed. Amanwani on here told me about this turbo kit on ebay. Well I thought he was talking about the cheap egay ones, but he wasn't. It was a full Treadstone kit that was new for a H22 going for $799. I couldn't let a deal like that pass me up so I picked it up, and I thought that I should start a little build thread of the progress I make on it.

As of now the parts I still need are:

1. Fuel Pump
  2. Injetors
  3. And possibly a longer turbo feed line
I expect to spend right around $1500 for everything including a tune. I feel that is really good knowing that this kit goes for what ~$2000 and that doesn't include fuel system stuff and tune.

Well, here are the pics of some of the things and some work I got to do yesterday.

T3/T4 Turbonetics turbo .63AR and Stage 3 turbine wheel.

And this is my car. I am sure most of you have seen it in Danzi's Prelude Tribute vid. I took my pink Buddy Club lip off before the pics.

This after taking the bumper off.

This threadlocker was expensive. It was $20 for this little bottle.:x

I got the mani on and put some threadlocker on my nuts even though they are lock nuts anyways. I just wanna be sure they don't loosen.

Here's the turbo all bolted up. I had to clock it to get the housing and center cartridge right. I still need to adjust the compressor side a little bit.

Then we put the IC piping on and were test fitting the IC. We had to "make" some adjustments lol. And this is where we left off.

This is my dad in this pic.

You can see my truck in the background.

Sorry this pics is fuzzy, but we had to make the windshield washer hole bigger. Don't worry I am going to clean the hole. We were just mocking up the piping and IC.

I took pics of the gauge pod, but the pics was really blurry. The gauge pod id a Speedhut on that is made for a 4th gen. None of the universal shit. But here are the two gauges I got. Glowshift - Oil Pressure and Boost/Vacuum. They are the black 7 series I believe.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
hell yes, i hope your woman lets you work on it today, ill def be down if so.
SAMSUNG-SGH-A887/A887UCIFA SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.5 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
oh and that treadstone tr8 intercooler looks like a great fit, at first it looked too small.

p.s. that's my sierra mist.

·
Registered
36 Posts
dude thats pretty nice im envy this thing i wish i would have gotten a lude... instead im stuck with a civic with a lude motor, someday i will have a 4th or 5th gen!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks man. I like civics, but Preludes are sexier IMO.

Update: None lol. I haven't had time to work on it. Hopefully this weekend I will have some time and get some more pics for you guys.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
good choice on the turbo,
bad choice on the exhaust manifold .. H-series motors hate log manifolds.
IMO $1500 including a tune doesn't sound like it would be reliable, I spent $4000 on turbo parts so far and still have a few things to pick up + a tune on the way.
Either way, do it right the first time, don't rush through it, and enjoy it in the end.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thread locker does not work in high temp situations. You should clean that crap off and just use a lock nut or lock washer.
Yea I didn't think of the temp. Well, I will probably just be tightening them all the time until I get some longer set screws like you did and then I will be able to run a lock washer.

good choice on the turbo,
bad choice on the exhaust manifold .. H-series motors hate log manifolds.
IMO $1500 including a tune doesn't sound like it would be reliable, I spent $4000 on turbo parts so far and still have a few things to pick up + a tune on the way.
Either way, do it right the first time, don't rush through it, and enjoy it in the end.
It's a Treadstone kit. It was brand new that I picked up for $800 the guy needed money. They go for $2000. I was going to piece together a kit, but this was a really good deal. I know H's hate log's. I have done plenty of research, actually two years worth lol.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update: I bought a new car lol. 2003 Nissan Sentra SER Spec-v. I will have pics when I can find my gf's camera. It's my new daily.

I got to work on the Lude for a couple hours this weekend. I dropped the oil pan to get the return line bung welded in. That will get done this week. I installed my sandwhich plate and ran my feed line for the turbo. I also started working on gauge pod. That should get done this week also (I hope).

I ordered some more parts. Precision injectors 780cc. I know they are big, but it gives me some leg room when I want to upgrade stuff. Walbro fuel pump and a map sensor just in case I go above what 10 psi?. That's about it. I am going to be ordering the rest of the stuff today. I need 90 deg coupler, some straight couplers and some 3" SST exhaust pipe w/ 180 bend for my DP.

I will try and get some pics up this week of what I have done. I am planning to get this tuned by May by the way school is looking. I also hope to be close/or over 300whp. I could also use some suggestions on where to go to get tuned. My location is under my name <---

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
good progress man! i envy you hahaha, maybe i will finally boost my lude this summer, i currently have 1800 saved and ill be working full time clearing around 450 a week soon (once this semester is over) so who knows, it could happen :D

nice to see the ecu i sold you will go to good use :D lol

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
moar pics you lazy bastard! im glad bubb4 hasnt posted in here yet haha

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
good progress man! i envy you hahaha, maybe i will finally boost my lude this summer, i currently have 1800 saved and ill be working full time clearing around 450 a week soon (once this semester is over) so who knows, it could happen :D

nice to see the ecu i sold you will go to good use :D lol
Haha. Thanks man. Probably another month until it's all done and tuned. Yea, that ECU is great lol

moar pics you lazy bastard! im glad bubb4 hasnt posted in here yet haha
I going to try and get some this weekend.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
what downpipe you going with?
What do you mean? I am going to have Josh's dad come down and see if he squeeze me in a 3" down pipe. Then open dumptube.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
i was wondering if you were using that 2.5" or getting him to make you a 3"

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's actually 2.25" I believe lol

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
It's actually 2.25" I believe lol
yeah im pretty sure the treadstone downpipe kit is 2.25" what a joke lol

id definitely upgrade to 2.5" or 3" if you can fit it. 2.25" is gonna cut some power.

Let me know how you end up liking the treadstone kit, i have been eyeing it for quite a while

1 - 20 of 80 Posts