Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed this deck into my Prelude, but as soon as it begins to play my MP3s, or the tuner, it shuts off. I have done the wiring right (it is colour coded, pretty simple) and none of the wires are skinned. I have also read the instructions more then enough times to make sure that I am not missing anything. But, regardless of what I have done, my deck isn't working the way it should.

Is there anyone else having similar issues with their decks? By the way, it requires a security code (a code can be whatever you chose, it is 4 digits) and when I enter my security code, it says "approved". It will stay in "standby" mode until I try to use the tuner or use my MP3 discs.

Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Is there a reset button on the front of the deck?

Send an email to kenwood and they might be able to help you out.

Do you notice anything else weird in other areas of the car at the same time as this is happening? You said you are an apprentence so I do not doubt your ability to put the deck in correctly.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
brentm said:
Is there a reset button on the front of the deck?

Send an email to kenwood and they might be able to help you out.

Do you notice anything else weird in other areas of the car at the same time as this is happening? You said you are an apprentence so I do not doubt your ability to put the deck in correctly.
It does have a reset button.

Actually, I found the problem. My left front speaker is damaged, and I think it may be touching the door frame as well. With those factors in place, my deck would go into safe mode so as not to damage itself or the speakers. Now I have an excuse to buy new speakers, :).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts