Honda Prelude Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a Prelude site, and RSX is from the evil empire :), but what do you guys think about swapping a K20 into an 89 2.0 Si? Is this newer technology engine close enough to the B20 series to fit? I guess I'd need the tranny, axles, wiring, etc. from the RSX, but would it work? Anybody looked into it?

Many thanks!

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
i believe this swap has been attempted before but the guy never got it to work...i forget why...do a search and you'll find out more.

·
I'm Back =o
1,731 Posts
wont really fit I think because the prelude engines are angled back toward the firewall like 35 degrees. just go with the h22 keep it prelude ;)

·
Registered
608 Posts
if u have the money and time go for it ,but all of us on here think it not worth it , i mean don`t get it twisted that would b freakin fast but jus go h22 we jus got word of mounts being 350 or 300 correct me plz but yea...

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
DDuckSIrt said:
if u have the money and time go for it ,but all of us on here think it not worth it , i mean don`t get it twisted that would b freakin fast but jus go h22 we jus got word of mounts being 350 or 300 correct me plz but yea...
yes but i belive j-willie ordered them but still hasn't got them yet.

[thread]k20 in a 3g lude w/pics[thread] heres the link

·
www.Zohf.com
3,612 Posts
xNicoyAx said:
The guys who lives on the other side of my neighborhood has a K20 on his 90' Lude. That thing is "OMG FAST!"
Prove it with some pics and specs :emthup: :devil:

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
he hasnt received them bc its a 7 week turn around period if IIRC.

^ and i'd like to see pictures too.

The tilt has nothing to do with fitting a new motor in, the h22 doesnt tilt so that automatically makes it not work? No, and i do believe the k series have a bit of a tilt to them also.

·
Rep me if you hate my ass
4,349 Posts
You said it, CADster.

Nobody is going to believe you unless you show us pictures, xNicoyAx. You said it's fast, indicating that it's in the car and it runs. Now let's see some proof.

--J

·
Registered
326 Posts
if i remember right the oilpan sat too low. and the hood wouldnt shut for the guy who attempted it.

if u got a custom hood. and an oilpan that clears. and made custom mounts, axels, ect. u COULD get it to work.

BUT

your looking at $5k for the motor and between $5000 and $15000 to get it to work.

if you have the funds. DO IT. sell the mounts and stuff. and make ure self an assload of cash.

if not. then i would just get a EG or EK civic and swap the k20 into that if your wanting a fast k20 car.

http://preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215215&highlight=k20a

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
the guy who was attempting all of this, gives all the reasons why it didn't work. for those who don't want to read the whole thing go to page 9 of the provided link.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
for all who think this swap is possible it aint. the frame got in the way along with other things. it is more work to even attempt this than it is to do the whole h22 swap. if it could be done then i would love to see it and hopefully a video would follow. either way it has been attempted but aint feasable.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
well like i said it costs more than the complete h22 swap. i said it aint possible cause who really wants to cut the frame and who has the money to this and would when they could buy an rsx and get a k20 in it without doing the work and have all the aftermarket parts they want?(long sentence) yes i guess it could be done but i dont consider it on the possiblities list.

·
Premium Member
16,906 Posts
Ppl say K20's wouldn't fit in a CRX and my friend was the first official guy to do the swap, you guys might remember a white CRX with white MF10's and a cut up hood with ITB's sticking out. Well he did it.

The K20 didn't work on the prelude because of the Axles. Not the oil, not the hood, but the position of the engine. The axles rubbed on something. Can't remember what though. The engine swap can be done. But it would have to be measured correctly and not just slapped into the engine bay.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
326 Posts
if i still ahve my lude once im out of college and if im makin enouhg money. ill swap in a k20. lol

who cares yo.

im guna be ballin ;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
crushing our dreams cadster? ;)

this swap HAS to be done, atleast one example of k20lude should be out there roaming the streets.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.