Honda Prelude Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY boss the other day at work offered to sell me his k20 out of his totaled rsx-s for cheap. I have heard of swaps in the 3g lude before but i cant find any forms talking about a successful swap tho. Would the swap be worth it in the lude, and could i still get mounts from hasport, they didnt say on there site. I searched all over google, but nothing turned up. thanks for any help.

·
BAN ALL MODS!!!
2,149 Posts
No one has done a K20 swap, and it does not seem as though anyone will start soon either. Everything will be custom so good luck if you buy the motor.

·
Registered
265 Posts
i want to see it, if you have the money for a full fabbed setup. ive never seen it done.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Goooooood Fucking luck with this one it will never work ! Trust me! there is no way to put the passanger side mount in our chassis

·
Registered
252 Posts
I dont think that it will fit because of the way our engines are slanted I think that it would put the intake manifold out the hood but it would be nice to see done

·
Banned
1,783 Posts
isn't the k20 a taller engine than the h22, which we already have clearence problems with? if i remember right there was no way for it to physically fit in your engine bay due to the low hoodline. there was a thread about it awhile ago, with some CAD drawings a member made for it.

but yeah, i don't think its ever gonna happen, sorry.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hey I just noticed you don't live too far from me. if you decide not to do the swap let me know I may know someone that will buy the k from your boss just pm me and let me know. Thanks

·
Memento Mori
7,515 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Yeah, it will. Actually its a direct swap. Not really. This has been covered before. Please search, a very long thread on it with a ton of reasons why it wouldn't work. ^ as stated above it will have ground clearance options and would have a retarded tilt to fit under our hood.

·
Registered
252 Posts
or a big ass ricey hood scoop lol

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Dry sump and a custom intake manifold would probably work.

hey, I didn't say work cheaply.

·
Registered
583 Posts
it can fit in my opinion, like stated before if you have the pockets you can do so, the only way it would fit would be to install it on the rear. ever seen that? On Sports Compact Car Mag. they featured an Integra that had a H22 set up, in the rear, makin it a RWD Integra. it was featured on their yearly ultimate car challenge. just my 2 cents
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
anything can fit if you really want it to.

but yeah, this one is going to be tighter than most.

the best thing anyone can do with a K right now is figure out how to make it run backwards.

it would be so much more useful that way.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.