Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is a article about k swapped preludes in the new modified magazine
it is very non informative but it does show some underhood shots including a k24 and a 600whp turbo k20
just letting you know​

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
K20 ftl

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hasport has been making K-series mounts for the 4th gen. prelude now for almost a year. I was wondering when we'd see our first one swapped.

I don't see why a K20 would be FTL, doing weird things to our cars is what makes them so desirable. The H22 isn't the end-all be-all of the Prelude community in my opinion, we should embrace the K series coming to us! And if you're a displacement nut, then you're forgetting that people everywhere are mating the K24 accord or crv shortblock with the K20 head and making a very tunable, very torque rich engine that also has the capacity to put a JRSC on it and get some phenomenal gains in a very efficient package. With a Hondata K-Pro or similar, the possibilities are endless. I personally cannot wait for the mounts to be made for a 5th generation, that is the day I'd like to convert mine with the setup I just mentioned :)

And as for no Modified Magazine in New Bern, well damn, that's a really small town for sure!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
well i mainly say it for a joke, but the mounts ive seen alone cost as much or near just a normal h22... now buy the motor and install, now start workin on it.. its really just the expense of it... the k series is the future of honda but the h and b series are the now... as long as, if i wanted to, make 700 whp from an h22, then i dont see the need in the k20... but yes im a huge supporter and fan of the h22... cost efficiency, parts readily availible at good prices, combined with the potential of the motor just kinda makes the k20 not necessary... but if you just wanna do something diff and have the bank for it... go for it

i have a friend with that k20/k24 hybrid stuff in his hatch... combined with a good exhaust, intake, and tune... hes running 12.9s at the track n/a so yeah its a great motor esp with the displacement

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
id like to see that^^^ n/a

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
id like to see that^^^ n/a

lol its coming! I'm currently building, but I'm poor so it'll be awhile.
A fully built K24/20 hybrid will definately make more power and torque but dollar for dollar I've got it pretty good.
How much do K24s make at the wheels stock/bolt on anyway???

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
that's not bad... I'll surpass that but built for built i doubt I'll make more than a K24.
Torque not important? Come on now, you know as well as anybody TQ times rpm divided by 5250 equals HP. lol

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
6 speed > 5 speed

nuff said

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
damn I haven't got my new MM yet.... can't wait

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
that was my point... in the prelude, dollar for dollar, the h series at least for now is the better way to go

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
its kinda funny- not that long ago people didn't really swap H22s into civics or tegs. They did, but they were few and far between. But since they started swapping in Ks, people realized the Hs were damn near as good for a lot less coin. Now H2B setups are alot more common place.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The only way that I would ever drive anythign with a K series motor is if it came stock with it. The motor is just way too expensive. It's a great motor, i'm not arguing that. But to me the bottom line is this...dollar for dollar you can't be the H22 in a prelude. If you had an S model prelude you'd come out cheaper odering an H22 type-s motor and tranny than getting a K series motor. You could even get a true JDM H23VTEC from the Accord SI-R as opposed to a K series and still save money. Unless i just had the cash laying around to waste and it was going to be a show car...i wouldn't do it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts