Honda Prelude Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was working on my car today and decided to buy an intake.... i didnt really have money so i didnt get the cold air tube that comes with it just the performence filter. I left my stock rubber tube on with the intake coming down. I Also cut my springs today.....( those comments people gave me were to late because i did em already) I cut 1 1/2 coil and the car droped like 1 1/2 inch i believe. Its still runs the same as before.... i dont notice no diff.... its not bumpy at all.

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
cut springs = biggest mistake you can make next to using coolant instead of oil :lol:

Theres more but thats the big one that comes to mind.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you guys say its that bad then i guess ill just buy some coilovers like in 4 months untill i get more money..... or buy shorter springs withen 2 months. But can you plz explain why its bad...? Does it only make it a shity ride and make it bumpy?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ohhh ok i understand it much better now. thanks. Ill post some pics of my car in about 3 - 5 days gotta borrow a digital. Thanks for the info guys :) learned something new today.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
yea actually cutting the springs is what people were doing for years and years before eibach came around and theres nothing extremely unsafe about it, but most people here have been so brainwashed by rumors on the internet they automatically regurgitate the cut springs is bad speech everytime its mentioned when actually cutting 1 or 2 coils off some springs never hurt anybody.... better than clamping them ....
and about intakes with polished tubes and good filters, theyre dirt cheap on ebay, mise well pick one up 33 shipped, hell of a lot better than that stock rubber hose shit.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
BAD91Si said:
yea actually cutting the springs is what people were doing for years and years before eibach came around and theres nothing extremely unsafe about it, but most people here have been so brainwashed by rumors on the internet they automatically regurgitate the cut springs is bad speech everytime its mentioned when actually cutting 1 or 2 coils off some springs never hurt anybody.... better than clamping them ....
and about intakes with polished tubes and good filters, theyre dirt cheap on ebay, mise well pick one up 33 shipped, hell of a lot better than that stock rubber hose shit.
you couldnt be more wrong. Cutting springs GREATLY increases tire and suspension wear. Just because theyve been doing it for years doesnt mean it doesnt hurt the suspension. I honestly think your fucking retarted.

·
Premium Member
4,918 Posts
BAD91Si said:
Clean3rdGen said:
you couldnt be more wrong. Cutting springs GREATLY increases tire and suspension wear. Just because theyve been doing it for years doesnt mean it doesnt hurt the suspension. I honestly think your fucking retarted.
pwned!

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
As everyone said. SInce you still have stock struts you risk blowing them because they have added stress from the cut springs. That's why aftermarket companies say what drop their products equate to. YOu'd be better off getting a tokico kit and do it right.

They always say....do it once do it right!

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
butterthegreat said:
As everyone said. SInce you still have stock struts you risk blowing them because they have added stress from the cut springs. That's why aftermarket companies say what drop their products equate to. YOu'd be better off getting a tokico kit and do it right.

They always say....do it once do it right!

I thought that was measure twice cut once butter *L*

·
穏やかな旅行&#
4,713 Posts
Clean3rdGen said:
Dude... I love you... and not in a gay way :lol:

that is SO going in my sig along with ur other famous quote :smilejap:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Clean3rdGen said:

thats 1 3 3 7 sauce

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Clean3rdGen said:
Fuck you pussy, I honestly hope you choke on a fucking dick and die a slow painful death you little peice of shit.
Is that you in your sig? Nice pants, youre the retard you fucking pansy.
Hope ya crash face down on that shit and end up in a hundred peices all over the highway bitch, die.
Your moms retarded cause the fat bitch forgot to use a condom and she needs to be slapped for that shit but your dads too much of a scary little weakling twerp to do it.
Shut your fucking mouth.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
just some more support on cut springs-

dont do it! MY FRIEND DIED because he had CUT SPRINGS fitted to his car.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well.... i only cut 1 1/2 coil on the 2 front.... left the back stock becuase when i finnaly got back to this post I decieded not to cut no more. Yea i do notice a difference ( bumpyer )... But yea... imma order some coilover lowering springs tommarow on ebay so hopefully my cut spri ngs dont damage anything by the time i install the new ciolovers. Oh and how much does a 94 cold air pipe cost? I already got the air filter...

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
umm... congradulations YOU are GHETTO

treat your car better than that man.

Preludesi_2004 said:
cut springs = biggest mistake you can make next to using coolant instead of oil :lol:

Theres more but thats the big one that comes to mind.
wait are you sure coolant and oil aren't interchangable? I've never had a problem with it.

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
I have to say though, I was watching that pimp my ride for old people the other day I forgot its name but its all about that Chip Foose guy who's quite big in the custom market apparantly. Anyway, they chopped some springs on someone's car so what are we supposed to think?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.