Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
actualy had it for about a week, i used to own a 3rd gen until it broke down so i moved up to a 1999 prelude here some pics

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
ehh. nice car. but ya i hope u cant feel any sort of slip or hesitation in the tranny otherwise it will just be a matter of time. you should of did some research first ill let everyone else tell ya. but it does look very nice!

·
Registered
852 Posts
nice lude!!

·
Registered
581 Posts
the red rings on the gauge cluster look good, never seen that before...nice.

looks good overall but like these guys said, that tranny might pose some issues down the road. be sure to stay on top of the ATF, and take it easy on the trans.

there are a few articles on here about the issues w/ the auto trans., my advice: spend some time readin up on it and be aware of any hard, slow, or hesitant shifts.

check to see when or if the previous owner had the trans. replaced, that will tell u alot right there.

if u take care of it, it should last u a while but just be careful w/ it.

nice car, welcome to the 5th gen community, hope to see u out at some of the meets.

good luck,

Ace

·
Banned
4,812 Posts
nice looking car man!

ive got an auto to. cant wait to swap it when i do get the money. be careful with it. but who am i to say that....i constantly drop a shift here and there :D

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
Nice ride. Hope you don't have any tranny problems

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for all the comments guys so far i havent had any problems with the transmission and im gonna lay off the sportshift mode and keep an eye on the transmission fluid too.

·
The Australian
5,058 Posts
nice lude man, def. keep an eye on that tranny

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Looks good, get a 5spd in there asap. itll turn into a completly different car
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
congrats! but I have to ask, why did you go with an auto? Not only do these cars have problems with the auto tranny but I just can never understand why people buy a sporty car with an auto tranny.
well my old prelude was an auto so like i was looking forward to get a 5 speed but my parents didnt want me to get a 5 speed i dont know why and also i live in seattle so like theres alot of stop and go traffic and hills but i really wished i got a 5 speed

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
well my old prelude was an auto so like i was looking forward to get a 5 speed but my parents didnt want me to get a 5 speed i dont know why and also i live in seattle so like theres alot of stop and go traffic and hills but i really wished i got a 5 speed
yeah, everyone seems to have their different reasons but in the end they all wish they went stick

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
good luck with the tranny.

i drive up to seattle all the time, those hills and the traffic are nothing. it's the annoying people who tailgate you excessively that gets annoying. finding parking is a bitch too.

·
Registered
966 Posts
how much did u get it for...clean for a 99..most 9yr old lude arent in that good shape..known that honda rust so quickly especially if you live up north. get some rims and paint that black strip or get an oem lip.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts