Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... steering wheel, lol.

I grabbed a stock wheel from some local guy 'cause I want to make a badass wheel without losing my airbag or spending 300 bucks for an s2k wheel that doesnt even look that good in our cars. Weird though, the wheel says 4ws on it behind where the airbag would be. Does this mean it's from a euro 5th gen?

·
Registered
708 Posts
hey cruzin89lude, how about you be a nice lad and post some pics

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
my bro lives in Japan right now on an Air Force base and he said seems that all they have is 4ws ludes.....3rd-5th gen

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's exactly the same as mine... and it's kinda trashed, i can't tell any differences except it says 4ws on the metal part, i'll post a pic laterm, my dad wants the computer right now.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
how are you going to modify the wheel to your tastes?? im interested...

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

came off the guys 5th gen base, I guess it's a typo? oh well, time to start cutting it up.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
so how are you going to customize a steering wheel??

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'm gonna hack the old circle part off, put on a smaller one that is thicker, and get it wrapped in black suede. I just don't wanna do the s2k wheel like everyone's doing, and I want to keep my airbag so this seemed like a fun thing to try. I think it's going to be harder than I initially thought, but if it works then I've got a cool 1 of a kind steering wheel.

·
Registered
638 Posts
just a thought but if it says 4ws on the back of the wheel then how is anyone goin to know the difference between modding this one and a regular wheel..?

side note: i wish that the ludes over here were sold with this option. i know i loved my 3rd gen with the 4WS..

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't give a crap that it's a 4ws wheel, I bought it thinking it was a regular one. i just happened to notice it was a 4ws wheel.

I've seen a lot of suede wheels that look like shit... rethinkin the material, maybe like a cow hide, like, not shiny leather?

1st thing's first though, need to get the new wheel bent up, or welded, depending on what gets recommended to me by my welder guy.

·
HipHopHeadd
1,339 Posts
You don't like the s2k wheel? I thought it looked damn good in a 5th gen. I will have to look again though.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i dont love it... if i had one lyin around i'd sport it, but if im gonna spend that much for it i'd rather have something nobody else has.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts