Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been on this site for awhile and never posted pics. I know how picture crazy everyone is here so,I figured out how to do it. I have only these 3 from Sept.
Heres some info on how I came to become a 3g luder. I had a 99 VW bug that was actually a fun car to drive. I decided to sell it after having it for 5 years. I had gotten it with 10,000 and paid $10,000. cash for it. It had 130,000 miles on it when I sold it for $2500.00 (needed a new tranny). I did some searching on line to find what would be the best used car to get under $2500.The one car that constantly came up with rave reviews was the 3G ludes.I was hooked. I started my search in Chicago and came up with zero.I then expanded my search to Wisconsin, Indiana, and Michigan. The first time I searched craigslist in Mich. I found one like 2 hours away. I sent the guy an email asking some questions about car. He said it was a great car.I told him I would drive up and check it out. If it was as nice as he said I would buy it.I fell in love the moment i sat in it and took it for test ride.It had just a few spots of rust which I have since repaired. I have to say everything I have learned about the car I have learned here from all you guys. Anyways here it is. will do more pics once this fricken snow stops. The interior is fine, replaced the back seats. Everything works too. And starts first time everytime.

Info:
Bought it with 124,XXX miles $1800.00 off craigslist
Even had the clock cover !!!
Got the 16" rims and tires off craigslist for $300.00 brand new
Sony CD/Radio and 2 sets of speakers brand new off craigslist for $80.00
Put someTokico blues on ($180.00 ebay), new prothene bushings CA($80.00) and thats about it other than some small things like couple knobs and rear back seat that I found on craigslist for $30.00 brand new.
Going to keep for the most part stock other than some lowering springs and new intake and exhust this spring...

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice lude man!!
congrats

Thanks now just have to figure out how to get pics larger. :wink:
The guy I bought it from had put NGK plugs and wires and KN filter. I love it

·
Registered
2,423 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Congrats on picking up a Barbados Yellow 3GP, don't see too many in that colour...ur gonna have a lot of fun with the Prelude.

·
Registered
352 Posts
hey you make sure to check in the showroom theres a thread I started called 'yellow preludes unite' we could use some nice pics of yella ludes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts