Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Im new to this forum. I just bought a brown 91 si b21a1 engine. It has 140k miles on it. Runs perfect. I want to make the this car faster. I want it to beat a stock 2000 civic si. All i have on it is just an exhust. I have a couple questions about this car....

1. how fast is the Si?
2. how can i make it faster?
3. is there any parts available less then $100 to make the car faster(im broke)

I know a little bit about cars but not that much. If you guys can help me it would be really helpfull, thanks.

·
JDM fo lyf y0
1,224 Posts
Hey mate,

Welcome!! Try searching the forums and reading the FAQ's =)

Does the b21a1 blow any smoke? They are notorious for this as they have whats called FRM, much info on the forums (just search!) But if its not already blowing smoke, make sure you keep regularly changing her oil and she will serve you good =) Or get a B21A like mine without frm ;D

You can make an engine faster in many ways, one is to swap it with an H22! haha but thats not so practical if you dont have alot of knowledge and $$!
I'd get a intake of some sort first, its cheap so how can you go wrong? The integra CAI's (cant remember what year) but they go on niceley!
Some people have also ventured into turbocharging their ludes, once again you can find out about this with a lil search action! =)

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
goku said:
Hello, Im new to this forum. I just bought a brown 91 si b21a1 engine. It has 140k miles on it. Runs perfect. I want to make the this car faster. I want it to beat a stock 2000 civic si. All i have on it is just an exhust. I have a couple questions about this car....

1. how fast is the Si?
2. how can i make it faster?
3. is there any parts available less then $100 to make the car faster(im broke)

I know a little bit about cars but not that much. If you guys can help me it would be really helpfull, thanks.
1. A good driver can get the car into the 16's stock. It's a handling car, not a drag racer.

2. Engine swap. h22 will get you into the 14's.

3. No. I'd smack you upside the head for asking such a stupid question, but I can't. :mrgreen:

:smilejap:

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
A cheap 94 Integra Ls CAI with a K&N would give you good gains under a $100. and Civic Si's Stock is nothing to worry about. I've eating up plenty of stock ones now i'm moving up to semi-moded N/A ones.

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Hprelude5R said:
Good gains...?

Really.

From an intake? Define good? :lol:
Good sound....good...um...err....yeah....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the comments guys. Ohh my car doesnt smoke at all man.... it sound hella clean and runs clean. Yea i was thinking of getting that intake for my car.
IM not really a newbie with cars ive done transmission swaps and whatnot just never worked on a engine before. I heard that if you get performence cam gears it will help the car run faster.... but i dont know what a cam gear is.. i have an idea but not sure.Ohh and will performence headers go good on a lude? Yes ive done my own reasearch on this car already. About a good 4 hrs.
Thanks for those comments guys.... i really like this forum :)

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
headers are about 180+shipping from summitracing.com...chikara...dont buy the pacesetter...not as good quality so if u gonna keep her put something worth it on there...when u get the headers just use a paint remover and re spray it w. 12 or 1500deg. paint...i use dupli color...as for more performance...a 94-01 inteagra CAI fits w. some mods. or u can make your own. or just get a a short ram on ebay..a lil better than stock and cheep and sounds good...not much perfromance there tho....all u have to do is remove all of the stock intake piping...also check out www.prelude3g.com theres tons of info on there! and stick around here u will know her like the back of your hand shortly...NOW POST SOME PICS!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
swap a chevy 2.8 tune port V6 in there then it'll move
BWAAAAH
just kidding.
But serious I had the teg CAI and lost power below 4K but gained above 4K, next time I will go with a short ram....
I recommend the short ram to each his own, they sell on ebay for 30 bucks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts