Honda Prelude Forum banner

301 - 314 of 314 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #304
..... No. I've asked on some FB pages a couple times hoping I'd probably get lucky, but everyone says it's a Bisi/PLM. :glare: Even when I say in the post that it isn't one lmao. I'm pretty much sticking with it being an AN-R judging by the flange and where its welded. Not sure if they made a compact version like the B-Series, but if they did I'm sure this is one.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Great build!!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #307
Great build!!
Thank you sir! Only took about 10 years to get to this point. :lol:

Where did you get that switch panel for the sunroof / dimmer ?
Comes with the USDM foglight kit. There's usually some floating around on ebay and whatnot, but people ask way too much for them.

BTW, updated the first post. The mod list is finally up to date for the first time since 2013. :lol: Still have to fix the links to some of the old pics, I'll get to that at some point.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #310
Thank you sir!

A couple pics and updates on whats up with the car:

Things I've picked up lately include a Seibon trunk from ERROR14:

Also got a ZZW30 MR2 power steering pump, which I'll be installing shortly I hope. Motor is leaking pretty good out of the timing cover (which pisses me off because the seals were replaced in 2013, but I guess they dryrotted from the car sitting so long). Compression tested the motor, which amazingly came out to 195-205 across the board, considering how much it smokes. So the motor will be pulled here shortly as well, resealing it along with new valve seals, belt and deleting balance shaft, and I guess I'll be seeing how well it will do with 10 lbs going through it. But for now, here's a couple pics I took last week (I have one more to edit, I'll throw that up when I get it done.)

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
MY H22 runs perfect but when let idle for a long time, it can get a bit smokey. This symptom is generally traced to worn/hardened valve seals. I will be replacing these in the next few weeks, my car smokes and won't pass local emissions. I really don't want to, but it needs to get done.

Great shots of the car man, glad to see you drop by, even if it was 2 months ago lol

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #312
Yeah, they'll be the last pics of the car for a little while longer lmao. The motor is currently pulled and apart-ish (pistons and crank are still in), going to finish up the balance shaft delete tomorrow and hopefully get the bottom end back together this weekend. Mainly doing a resealing + the BS delete and gonna see how it does. When taking them apart the valve seals definitely seemed harder than the new ones, so I'm betting that will (HOPEFULLY) solve a lot of the burning issue. Hoping to get it up and running again by August! We'll see!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #314
A 'nothing crazy' update: All the goodies are on the Prelude, however I still need to get it tuned... (Ran out of time/funding since Xmas was coming, and as a mechanic this time of year tends to be slower, so I figured it'd be best not to push it.) Car needs to go through inspection in April, so I'm probably going to run it through early and then actually get the damn thing done! I have to swap the stock intake manifold back on, and do a couple little things to get it to go through (hopefully). Motor does run great though! Ran it a bit 'open air' just to get some miles on it and to make sure there would be no issues. Still burns a bit, which I kinda figured would happen, but it doesn't leak oil, which was my biggest concern. EHPS feels awesome as well. I think the next mod that will be coming to the car will be Acura RL calipers. I joked around and put them on the Prelude because I already have them on the TSX, and I had to take them off to fit the stock wheels for winter, so I figure 'why not,' right? The 350Z brembos you have to use with the setup won't fit the Prelude hubs, but I think I have a work-around for that.

That's all I have for now! I'll update once the car is off the dyno!

301 - 314 of 314 Posts