Honda Prelude Forum banner

281 - 300 of 314 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #283
Thank ya sir! Me too, I like the BBSes, but I absolutely hate the sizing of them. These are damn near perfect I think (size wise). I'm not super nuts about them being staggered, but it's growing on me.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #286
Finally got my hands on a Nardi. :} From what I can tell it's a Nardi Z5, and NRG short hub and version 2.5 quick release.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #287
So I haven't really updated this lately, mostly because there isn't much to update. :p This has been taking up my time and mostly my funds lately:

My '06 TSX Navi manual. Didn't really plan on buying one (even though I really wanted one), but I came across this one, which is exactly what I was looking for. So funds are a bit tight right now until I get things straightened out, but it's nice having a reliable, comfortable daily that has the potensial to be fun. :) Already has a couple mods (Funtion and Form Type 1s and a Tanabe Medalion exhaust) along with a dealer installed A-Spec Lip kit. :)

So this is what I've been up to lately, I still love my lood and will continue to mess with it, but I gotta get some things straightened out first.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
I love the ASpec kits! On the TL's the Tsx's IMO its the nicest lipkit you can get for those cars above any AM.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #289
I do too, that's half the reason I bought the car because the full kit was already on it. I love how they look. :D Even though after finding out about the Modulo Voltage front bumper, I kind of want that more lmao. But I'll probably end up sticking with the A-Spec.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #290 (Edited)
Took it out the other day for it's last trip for a while. It's supposed to start getting cold here, well... now, so it's time to put it away for the winter.

Letting it warm up before I head out!

A couple detail shots:

My loud pipes. :}

Yeah, it's a tad dirty...

Until then I have the TSX to keep me company. You can see the poor thing in the background looking all comfy.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #293
Can't say I've done a whole ton to it in a long while. I finally did the whole 'house mod' thing, so the Prelude is kinda on the back burner for a little bit longer. I'm really hoping to start working on it again here in the fall once it cools down a bit, and then get it tagged and back on the road next spring. I did take it in the backyard and got some shots of it though!

IMG_7674-1 by JPsBB6, on Flickr

Other than that, this is pretty much how it's been. I did sweep around it this evening though, for the record.

IMG_20170702_201701899 by JPsBB6, on Flickr

And I do have a confession. I have been kinda working on the TSX a bit, so that maayyyy be part of the reason why the Prelude is on stands... But it's almost to the point of where I want it, so attention will revert back to the Prelude shortly. I'm currently waiting on the TSX ecu to come back from Hondata this week (yes, both cars are down at the moment), PLM header should be here tomorrow, CT-E short throw and Progress rear sway have been both installed and trying to pull enough ambition together to put the Hondata IM gasket on. It also got new Tein Flex Zs and new tires on the BBSes, so yeah, I've been spoiling it a tad bit.

IMG_20170624_203950628 by JPsBB6, on Flickr

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #294
Attention has reverted back to the Prelude. :-| Aiming to have it all done and back together by the spring BBA NJ meet. We'll see if that actually happens or not! :biggrin:

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
Short answer is to get it back on the road and not have it rust away and be a bit more reliable lol.

Long answer is is take all the suspension apart, sandblast and POR15 pretty much all the suspension arms and whatnot, install the energy suspension bushings I've had laying around for years now. Clean up the rust on the body (you can see how bad it is where the rear crash bar mounts). Put new axles, all the new steering parts I've had laying around in, rear upper and lower balljoints/control arms, Megan toe arms and traction bar in.
Then for the interior there's a ton of seeds laying around from mice getting in the car when it was sitting, so clean all that up and make it not smell like an old shed lol. Redo the wiring for the PFMs, actually get the door lights wired up, get rid of the wiring and module for airbags, get rid of the modules and clean up the wiring from the deleted cruise, delete A/C, clean up the wiring from relocating the engine bay fuse box to the interior, do some minor wire tucking in the engine bay ... *breathes* and I think that it. Oh and put it back together.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #298
I hope so! It turned into a bigger project than I anticipated, but it'll definitely be worth it when it's done!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #299
Guess who thought he updated this. Guess who was wrong! Lmao, car is back together, been enjoying it since about April now. Still needs tweaking in some spots, but I'm getting to them.

Infamouz and I at the Bath, PA meet last Saturday. Yes, I'm still alive. :laugh:

IMG_8742-2

And some pics from a little earlier this year. There's been some slight changes since then (like very slight) but I'll have to get some updated pics.

IMG_8624

IMG_8413

Car now has full optional leather (found it in a junkyard, no less!), S-Spec cluster, Innovative traction bar, Mishimoto half rad, full 3" exhaust, suspension has been fully POR-15'd and poly-bushing'ed, ABS is deleted, and fully deleted SRS and Cruise as well (only things left are the wiring, but I don't feel like pulling the harness apart for that.) I know I'm missing a bunch of stuff, but it's slipping my mind. I do have a full JDM front for it now (crash bar too, which is actually on the car), still has to be painted, and acquired 98% of the things necessary to boost on the stock block. But since it's almost Oct. and the car is drinking oil, I'll just wait and decide what I want to do with the motor first and make it a winter project.

281 - 300 of 314 Posts