Honda Prelude Forum banner

261 - 280 of 314 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
Did this last night/today...

... so I could do this. :}

Another step closer to getting my digital climate control done! Slowly but surely, lol.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
Finally got around to doing my timing belt job (with a lot of help from wing8806 :p )

I have pics of doing it on my phone, I'll throw up on here later.

So it now has the following replaced on it, just about all Honda stuff, too. ;) :

-Timing belt
-Balance shaft belt
-T-belt and B-belt tensioners
-Water pump
-both cam seals, front balance shaft seal (was going to do the crank, but it didn't need it, and we didn't have anything to put it on with)
-And a Kaizenspeed manual tensioner.

Glad it's finally done, it is now a load off my mind.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
Thanks bud! Blast pipes, I like the sound of that. :p

Took it to Honda Day in English Town, NJ yesterday (didn't register it, though. $50 is too much for me... ) and had my buddy drive it back (the only person I trust to do so) while I took some rolling shots of it.

Also took some video of him going through VTEC as well. :}

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/9496909693/

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
Some current pics for you:

Getting the timing belt and what not changed out. Huge shout out to wing8806 for helping me with it, there's no way I could have done it without ya bud!!!

Received my new coilovers last Tuesday, and me and my buddy labored through Thurday night getting them installed. Definitely really pleased with them. They're BC Type BRs, 10K fronts, 8K rears, and I ordered the extreme drop option. I don't think I'll need to go any lower than this, lol.

How it currently sits. I'm waiting for the springs to settle in, and then I'll do the final adjustments to the height. Right now I have another 3/4 inch I can go down. Really happy with the ride. Full stiff feels like a race car, full soft feels like a Caddy. No exaggeration, lol.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
love your car man, that color is so awesome!
Def. thought I responded to this, lol. I suck. But thanks dude! :D

And a close friend took this pic last saturday during the photoshoot we had. I can't get over how good it came out.

DSC_0552 by japaricanFTW, on Flickr

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Gorgeous photo.. I like the bra and eyelids together for some reason. Unique.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #274
Yeah, I thought it was going to look like crap when I first put it on, but I was pleasantly surprised lol.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #275
So I haven't really been on here lately, I've let my brother use my computer for the last few months for his homework while I moved out, so I haven't been able to get on lol. But I thought I'd update you on what she currently looks like:

Yesss, new wheels. :} SSR DeColte GP-Thetas, 17x8/17x9s, +47 offset with 10 and 20 mm H&R spacers. :) Also have my progress rear sway on (finally) and a few little things here and there. And moar low lmao.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #277
Thanks! It took a lot of patience and nerve to get them cut, I wasn't too thrilled with cutting into my dash one bit. But the dcc is completely worth it, I would recommend it to anyone. I hate the usdm controls.

And just to show it functions lol. :p

·
Registered
370 Posts
hey man im going to embark on the climate control mod as well i have everything needed but do you happen to have the diagram of what wires off of the jdm harness you have to splice into the us harness? like a color to color i could snag off of you?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #279
I don't have anything offhand, I actually wired it up on a whim and wrote nothing down. I dunno if you have already bought it or what not, but make sure to get one with the full harness if you can, it makes the job SO much easier. Wiring wise it took me all of maybe a couple hours for everything. The only pita parts are pulling the dash to put in the sensors and fabbing up a bracket to hold the mix motor. Whenever you decide to start on the project, let me know if you get stuck with anything and I'll try my best to help.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #280
And to give a better idea of how it looks: (Stole this from Edward of Digital Splice, I forget what his s/n is on here)

261 - 280 of 314 Posts