Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have the type s intake? and is it better than an after market cold air? i wanna get one but dont want to lose the power?
also looking into the euro accord intake manifold anyone have one and dose it make more power?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Antonious said:
get a v2 intake :evil smile:
thats after market!! heard of the jdm intake? better?

·
Registered
708 Posts
luda97 said:
thats after market!! heard of the jdm intake? better?

whats wrong with aftermarket?

you should try searching if you want the details on the jdm type s intake

·
Registered
708 Posts
hot_97_lude said:
I just ordered the aem v2.....i just love the sound!! I say either one is a good choice :emthup:

your gonna love it, almost makes me think twice about getting an exhaust

yeah its that loud

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have a aem cold air intake and i love that but im going for a sleeper look under the hood! you can hear the intake sucking in at a stand still!! cant really hear when im driving cause of my cat-back

·
HipHopHeadd
1,339 Posts
Euro R manifold does make more power but I believe it takes some modding to work on the lude.

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
Type-Esss
4,714 Posts
I know that the AEM doesn't really fit well on SH's, so how does the Type-S compare in sound and power to the AEM? I love the S2k sounding VTEC my stocker has w/ just a K&N drop-in, and I'd love to make that louder. And of course I love induction sound everywhere else, too. :)

I know that the AEM doesn't really fit well on SH's, so how does the Type-S compare in sound and power to the AEM? I love the S2k sounding VTEC my stocker has w/ just a K&N drop-in, and I'd love to make that louder. And of course I love induction sound everywhere else, too. :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
converge said:
type s > v2

i've had both.

type s = teh sex
I'm gonna have to strongly disagree with that one. Unless you're a hardcore JDM guy, the type-s intake is just that, a STOCK intake. A buddy of mine had a type-s intake on his 01 sh when he bought it. we swapped a crappy ebay intake w/an even crappier filter I had laying around on it just for kicks, and he never swapped back, just because even that crappy intake felt much better, but those aren't dyno results, although we are splitting some time at a local dyno soon, so I might convince him to see what is actually better, but as far as feel & sound, eff the type-s intake.

·
Type-Esss
4,714 Posts
0-60motorsports said:
I'm gonna have to strongly disagree with that one. Unless you're a hardcore JDM guy, the type-s intake is just that, a STOCK intake. A buddy of mine had a type-s intake on his 01 sh when he bought it. we swapped a crappy ebay intake w/an even crappier filter I had laying around on it just for kicks, and he never swapped back, just because even that crappy intake felt much better, but those aren't dyno results, although we are splitting some time at a local dyno soon, so I might convince him to see what is actually better, but as far as feel & sound, eff the type-s intake.
Sounds good to me. It is a stock intake that costs as much as a good CAI, and if it doesn't feel or sound as good as even an Ebay intake maybe its not so good. :tongue: I don't actually expect to get much more outta this car from any basic bolt-ons, so just like w/ exhaust, you gotta base ur decision off of sound, quality, and style.

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
lol when does having jdm means that you have the best? If your going for a sleeper look then the jdm box is fine. The person that recommended the v2..... I'm here to say.. F v2! I'm disapointed in with it. Though I must admit it sounds good.

I'm sure somebody will ask why? Well its a short ram intake with bigger piping thats designed for sound (notice I didn't say anything about performance). Rsx have lost power with it, gsr teggys hydrolock with. Everybody that I know that have bought the v2 went right back to there regular CAI. When asked why? They simply replied, "It sucks!" Now if there are so many people saying it sux, then there must be some truth to. Also, look at it like this.... its specifications are for 92-01 ludes right? Well I've posted a picture of the v2 rubbing on my hood. It does not fit all ludes flushed. Mine is one example of it not fiting flush.

Bottom line: If you want sound and looks, by all means go with the v2. IF your looking for your moneys worth, by any other cold air intake besides aem (I'm bias against aem & dc products) and you'll be pleased. Just because something is JDM doesn't means its the best.

Edit: Aem did not spend the time, money and effort even designing a cold air set, why should you even bother spending 200 and change on something thats not even specified? Just out right GARGBAGE IMHO!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks for the infor guys! the v2 seem good but dosent fit good and the good sound which im not looking for, im looking for stock looking but more performance with the jdm type s intaake vs the us stock intake, but no one can tell its not stock!! the motor looks stocks, everything is clean i just want the stock look but with the power to back it up, my aom cold air looks, sounds great great but looks after market! and yes i had to cut a wider hole to fit the intake tubing but the type intake will hind the that!
i have the cams/cam gears but only the min cut off so u only see the cams gears if u look at the side of the motor, i love the sleeper look, no one knows it all motor hehe!
as for the euro accoud intake, i know u gotta make some fitting to make it fit but it still look stock but has a greater bore size and is a single runner vs the dual runnings (more power with the stock look!)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts