Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
What do you need help with exactly? Acquiring the doors? Hanging them? Wiring?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wiring. Everything is pretty straight forward except for the wiring. Swapping right door wiring to left door and vise versa. Also the plugs at the end of the doors that plug in to the main harness that runs behind the dashboard seem to have different number of pins... Im sooo lost.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And do i need to swap anything else besides wiring and the obvious switches and buttons? Window regulators? Im a 15 year prelude owner. Have had 12 prelude in the past (3rd and 5th gen) and am very knowledgable with these cars but this is my first complete jdm door swap... Like i said, lost...

·
Administrator
6,799 Posts
Should be straightforward if you have a complete harness set.

Do you have a complete dash, doors and fuse box harness set? Or are you trying to convert a harness?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Should be straightforward if you have a complete harness set.

Do you have a complete dash, doors and fuse box harness set? Or are you trying to convert a harness?
Trying to convert door harnesses. I only have whats in the doors.

·
Administrator
6,799 Posts
May be a little difficult since the control wiring is all coming from the drivers side/fusebox area. I would consider re-pinning everything so power is fed to the right side but switches the left vs the opposite that you currently have.

That being for the window controls. Locks should work just the same.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Ya. Just got in touch with my friends shop. $100 he'll swap everything over and get it working for me.. Honestly, i couldnt be bothered doing this.. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
675 Posts
So let me get this straight you are not converting to rhd but installing a rhd door on your lhd car?

Swap the door harness. I did it with a base to sh donor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts