Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
switching to JDM seats is stupid. because then, the driver won't have the memory button or lumbar support. and the passenger will. plus the seat belt sensor ground wire will have be re-wired to your JDM passenger or USDM driver side. unless. u switch the passenger side to JDM. then both will have lumbar support and the memory button.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My bad I was MIA for a minute... The reason I was asking about the seat is not because I got the JDM bug... And these aren't for any kinda swap. Beside i have I/H/E, body kit, lowering springs, wheels. Just need seats like yesterday and the only ones I could find and get right away the guy says are JDM. The car has no seats. When i bought the car it had some BS aftermarket racing buckets so I trashed them. Thanks for all the input and 2 pennies. Halla back.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RyuC14911 said:
What kind of seats????you know sum people would have been willing to buy them of you.
I don't know. It was over a year ago... and they were junk (torn to ish and dirty). The car has been in storage for about 2 years. Finally getting out and on the road next month. Putting alot of time into this thing.

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
specbb6 said:
umm, they should bolt right on.
But why would you want to swap JDM seats?
Seriously, they are no better than usdm 4g seats.

In general, 4th and 5th gen seats blow, but at least the 4g seats are wrapped in leather. :p

If you want to 'upgrade' the buckets for little $$, go for a set of Tenzo R's or Tenzo Evo's. You can get two for around 400. I'd prefer them to the oem seats which leave your back feeling jarred and your tush feeling beat all to hell.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
51 Posts
sell the body kit and keep the body stock and have some more money for gogo parts..but thats just me i guess...i think preludes look fine with its stock exterior no need to trash ur lude with a body kit..IMO

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
does anybody know if some 04 civic Si seats would fit in a 4th gen.....i rode in a buddy of mines civic and i was like dang man i want these seats if you get some buckets....he said ok.....so would they fit???

·
formerly 2.3vtec gal
212 Posts
hondamanmark said:
does anybody know if some 04 civic Si seats would fit in a 4th gen.....i rode in a buddy of mines civic and i was like dang man i want these seats if you get some buckets....he said ok.....so would they fit???
you could make them fit mark... with new brackets and whatnot.... but why the hell would you want to get rid of 4th gen seats?! They're the best honda seats EVER!

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I have to agree I love the 4th gen seats, I bought some Tenzo R fully adjustable seats I mean dont get me wrong I love them, but the 4th gen seats were so damn comfortable. The tenzo R's just tend to hold you alot better. But im actually looking for some 4th seats for the 93 vtec. The previous owner had some cheap ass seats that are dirty and feel like your sitting on a bucket.

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
brittoknee said:
you could make them fit mark... with new brackets and whatnot.... but why the hell would you want to get rid of 4th gen seats?! They're the best honda seats EVER!
:Rock:

Are you serious?

Anyways, with custom brackets you can fit just about any seat into any car. The hard part will be finding a good set of used SI seats. New ones will cost you well over 800 bucks *EACH* from Honda.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
formerly 2.3vtec gal
212 Posts
350Z_Orange_Lude said:
The previous owner had some cheap ass seats that are dirty and feel like your sitting on a bucket.
:laugh: makes ya miss the good ole 4th gen buckets aye...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts