Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing my jdm headlights but i want to keep my usdm lightbulbs and harness. does anyone know how i can make my jdm headlights work with the usdm bulbs and harness? is there any write ups or articles on it. thanks in advance for the help

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
86 Posts
find a wreaked 97 or newer lude. H1 bulds in both top and bottom and you get the clips. same thing on JDM ludes as new USDM.

edit**

forgot the H3 int he high beam is a different size. You can get an H3 buld anywhere but if you need the plug you can get one from a lexas.

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
why would you even want to use the USDM 900x bulbs and sockets anyway??? H1 and h4 bulbs are better anyway. besides you would be ruining a perfectly good set of JDM headlights. ITS SO EASY TO CUT WIRES, CRIMP, AND SOLDER THEM TOGETHER. I see no reason to use the USDM bulbs. just follow the diagram. its really not that hard at all. as a matter of fact, you could be lazy and not even solder them, just strip the wires and twist them together and use electrical tape.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i already did it. honestly, i liked my bulbs better. but i didn't want to hack up my sockets or try retro fitting for a diffrent bulb. I guess what i was trying to avoid was having to re-solder every time i have to change bulbs. Thanks for all the help and for that diagram.

bboixtc said:
why would you even want to use the USDM 900x bulbs and sockets anyway??? H1 and h4 bulbs are better anyway. besides you would be ruining a perfectly good set of JDM headlights. ITS SO EASY TO CUT WIRES, CRIMP, AND SOLDER THEM TOGETHER. I see no reason to use the USDM bulbs. just follow the diagram. its really not that hard at all. as a matter of fact, you could be lazy and not even solder them, just strip the wires and twist them together and use electrical tape.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I actually was able to make the usdm bulbs fit in the socket of the JDM's.Not the electrical socket but in the hole on the actual head lamp.The only thing your not going to be able to make fit are the High beams ones.Make sure to cover all the sockets with sum kind of electrical tape or sumthing.You don't want water or anything going in there that might cause a short.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts