anyone have one?
what are the specs on it?
where can i get the top end of it

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've taken that into account
i wouldn't have asked if i wanted to hear that.
the jdm H23 has vtec and i thinm it has a little better compression for an all motor set up so if i wanted to go with an h22 i would have asked about it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
the equivalent to a usdm H23 is a jdm DOHC F22B. but with a bit less torque. neither engine has vtec.

·
Premium Member
4,918 Posts
There is an H23 VTEC, he's right. The Bluetop. I've found them on ebay; or just search google and you will find something on it. Haven't found any specs at all on it though, ;(. I pretty sure it was only made in Japan, maybe Europe. Theoretically, it seems that it should have more power than an H22, but who knows.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm glad someone knows what i'm talking about

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
the h23 vtec has the same head as the h22 type-S Same 220hp but the torque may be a little higher than the 161ft/tq claimed by the type-s

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
TopEndLude said:
the h23 vtec has the same head as the h22 type-S Same 220hp but the torque may be a little higher than the 161ft/tq claimed by the type-s
no way are you serious. In that case why doesn;t everyone get the h23 vtec then.

·
Premium Member
4,918 Posts
An H22 manual tranny would bolt right up though right? It'd be unique to see one of these in a Lude. But what's wrong with OBDII? I never have really understood the whole ECU thing...

·
Premium Member
4,918 Posts
Whole hell of a lot cheaper than doing the "Frankenstein" H22/H23. Only setups like that I've seen that actually perform cost guys like 8-10K. To me it's almost worth it just for the rarity factor.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Ludasaurus said:
Whole hell of a lot cheaper than doing the "Frankenstein" H22/H23. Only setups like that I've seen that actually perform cost guys like 8-10K. To me it's almost worth it just for the rarity factor.
so tru.Instead of doing a franstein, your better off getting it from the faactory already setup to work right.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
this is the same set up i was going to do not hard to find. Just go to jdmenginedepot.com they have them there. i planned on doing this set up to be a bit different changed my mind though going wit sum thing a bit better. if you would like some info on the engine check my previously made threads there was a discussion on it a couple months ago

1 - 20 of 55 Posts