Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ordered a black top h22a from japan.

Now it's low mileage and a pretty engine.

I had to get a honda oil pump so I could swap the crank sensors and crank gear from the original engine so my harness and pcm would work.

I also swapped the distributor because the jdm had 1 connector and my original had 2 connectors.

Now I wanted to use the intake that came with it because I thought it was so clean and new looking.

So that's the back ground. I finished the install today and it would not start kind of acted like air fuel issue. Sputtering and coughing.

Finally got it to start by unplugging the idle air controll right behind the injectors on the intake. Then plug it back.in and the idle smoothed out ran great. For about 20 minutes while I checked coolant and operating Temps fans and such. Then turned it off.

Now after turn it off will not restart unless I do the unplug plug in deal.

I don't know what's wrong and that's why I came here to ask.

It would throw a crank code and a idle.control system circuit code.

I belive those codes came from starting with the sensor unplugged.

Now I have no idea why it's having these issues I assume the jdm intake will not work with my pcm maybe something different about it????

So since I have nothing to go on and it ran great when it did run. I will swap intakes with the original and see what happens.

What you guys think???

Compression close to 200 on all 4.

Ran great and smooth when I did get it started.

The previous high milage engine ran good with no engine lights so I know the donating parts are good like the crank sensor.

·
Administrator
6,810 Posts
Did you swap the USDM crank gears for both timing and balance belt? Both need to be from the USDM motor.

You may have air in the coolant still.

Is the manifold/throttelbody from the USDM or JDM motor?

I'm pretty sure the camshaft differs between the two motors, just something to keep in mind and look into with what others have done in the past.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was the balancer belt gear I did not swap it. Swapped it runs great about to test drive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts