Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
can I use my mirror housing so, IE can I just buy any color kit from japan and strip it and put us my shell or are the mirrors actually a different shape?

found a better pic of them, looks like they are different at the hinge.

·
Registered
949 Posts
The actual Mirror to look back will fit.But i the mirror shell( has two pieces) doesn't interchange with the usdms. IE the part that bolts on to the door from the inside ( lets call it the base of the mirror). and the mirror shell ( lets call it the Body of the mirror), If you try to put the JDM base with the USDM body. it will not fit.The motor gets in the way.Anyway you try to adjust it it will not work due to the motor.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh well, I guess I will have to see what painting will cost or wait till my color comes up for grabs, which is not very likely.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
no you have to swap them

if you dont swap them you will never get the passanger side to sit right. the miror sits at different angles since you sit on the other side in japan. there is a write up on honda tech if you cant find it pm ill get you the link.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
My car is tan, I will load it into my garage sometime soon.

Slipknot---do you mean that the glass itself needs to be swapped?

·
HOME GROWN HOMIE
5,819 Posts
alright well i did the folding mirrors... and its a pain in the ass.... i used my usdm shell and the jdm mirror and the usdm part that bolts to the car.... because the jdm mirrors are meant for right hand drive cars and u wont be able to see with them... so u kinda have to grind the usdm mount to make the jdm one bolt in... oh yeah have fun wiring them too

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thank you! looks like all I need to do is supply a 12v power to the relay, right? I don't understand the jibberish about when the power is supplied to the mirrors, ie. having to do with the ignition and stuff. Sounds like the shells are 95% the same though, huh? You said you did this yourself on your car?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
yup just slide the pins out of the old plug into the new one for the matching colors. then run the wires to the pass side mirror the button on the switch and the driver side mirror.

its that easy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts