Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone confirm this? I just got a F22B DOHC. The motor was not offered in USA therefore the belt is JDM only. I dont understand why a H23A1 timing belt wont work, the water pump pully bigger or something?
I hear the GSR B18C timing belt fits but is tight?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
if its a matter of the water pump then it might be the cam gears too and the crank pulley which is the reason you cant use a h23 timing belt on a h22 or the other way so you might be able to use a h22 timing belt since the h23 doesnt work.

·
Registered
734 Posts
h23 belt fits.... You have to tigthen the manual tensioner to the max though.... It actually was easier in the car for me than when I swapped it some reason...

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
the teath of the belt is very important or the cams will be off, is the H23 belt the same teath count?

JTCDUDEMAN, you have a H22 is a 3rd gen with turbo? have any more pics?

·
Registered
734 Posts
I know nothing of the gsr timing belt personally, and its possible a b series belt could work...

the h23 and DOHC f22b belts are not the same... The h23 has one additional tooth, but TOOTH spacing is the same... Thats why you use them... When I got my f22b the instructions and demands from the importer said to the use the h23 timing belt... Believe me, we inspected it over and over again... It works... You just have to tighten the hell out of the manual tensioner...

To Blk89,

Yes, I have a boosted h22 in my 3rd gen... Theres a thread with some pics of it I created in the 3rd gen forums... Its kinda camera shy, but for good reason... Ill let you know what it is once I figure it out...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.