Honda Prelude Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
Best thing I ever "acquired" for my lude lol

Discussion starter · #23 ·
How hard is the install? Any pictures of how to install it, I'm just curious?
Pretty darn easy! If you can use a screwdriver (or drill) you can install this. Here's how to do it (If I remember correctly):

Remove Center Console - 4 bolts on each side of console.
Take Console to Work Bench
Flip Console Over
Remove 6 (?) screws holding top console trim to main console body
Flip Console Upright
Remove Console Trim
Remove 3 (?) screws holding cup holder in place
Remove cup holder
Insert new cup holder and reinstall everything.

Those instructions might be a little off, but basically once you get the console off and flipped over, you'll be able to easily see what needs to be done. If not, just start taking screws out - you can't really harm anything as long as you remember where you removed them from :crazy:

I'm with you man, I usually don't care about something being JDM or whatever...but for some reason I just liked the idea of this cupholder. Got one for my Lude and I love it, friends give me so much crap for buying a $40 cup holder but if I want something enough I'll buy it

Wait a minute, i have a question. My prelude has had a "locking" cupholder like the said JDM one ever since i bought the car. Does that mean someone before me bought and installed an OEM JDM Honda cupholder?

Wait a minute, i have a question. My prelude has had a "locking" cupholder like the said JDM one ever since i bought the car. Does that mean someone before me bought and installed an OEM JDM Honda cupholder?
Well yes, unless you have a JDM prelude.. Then it was stock lol

I have one in mine. It's a cool little addition to have. I have yet to find a use for the piece that flips out. All the drinks have been too big, lol.

And I got mine from ICB Motorsport, also. Great service.

i have had one for a couple of years now, and i love it! secures almost any size drink..i'll have on occasion the small cans of milo, red bull, soda cans, and everything fits nice with no movement

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.