Honda Prelude Forum banner

JDM Cup Holder

19K views 37 replies 30 participants last post by  white99lude 
#1 ·
Sure, some may say it's useless. Some may rag on you for spending $40+ on a replacement cup holder. However, I have found this guy to be a great addition to my car.

In case you're not sure about what I'm talking about, it's the 'cup holder' that is located in your center console. The JDM version simply swaps with the USDM version, after taking out a few screws. Here is a picture:

As you can see, the benefit of this cup holder is the ability to 'lock' your drinks in place. Try putting a small water bottle in your USDM cup holder... it will probably fall over or even out of the entire assembly. With the JDM version, you can activate the 'lock' and thus stabilizing the container by giving it less room.

Obviously, the quality is superb, as this is a genuine Honda part. It looks and functions just as I would expect.

I purchased mine from ICB Motorsport. Their service is top-notch and shipping is quick.

It's one of the small things that can solve one of thos little annoyances.

See less See more
#12 ·
LOL

I'm not bashing on you, because I love teh JDM, but the fact is there is no locking feature! The only reason it seems to lock for you is that its newer and the little plastic slider with the bumps on the bottom of it that click into position arent worn down yet. The part that twists has no locking function whatsovever. It simply swings out an arm on each side that makes the "hole" smaller to better secure small drinks like the redbull can wich are more popular in japan than the 12ounce cans we have here.
Never the less, it is a cool part and worth whatever you are willing to pay for it.

#13 ·
Uhh... isn't that what I said?? Notice I say 'lock', not lock lol

As you can see, the benefit of this cup holder is the ability to 'lock' your drinks in place. Try putting a small water bottle in your USDM cup holder... it will probably fall over or even out of the entire assembly. With the JDM version, you can activate the 'lock' and thus stabilizing the container by giving it less room.

#21 ·
Best thing I ever "acquired" for my lude lol

#23 ·
Pretty darn easy! If you can use a screwdriver (or drill) you can install this. Here's how to do it (If I remember correctly):

Remove Center Console - 4 bolts on each side of console.
Take Console to Work Bench
Flip Console Over
Remove 6 (?) screws holding top console trim to main console body
Flip Console Upright
Remove Console Trim
Remove 3 (?) screws holding cup holder in place
Remove cup holder
Insert new cup holder and reinstall everything.

Those instructions might be a little off, but basically once you get the console off and flipped over, you'll be able to easily see what needs to be done. If not, just start taking screws out - you can't really harm anything as long as you remember where you removed them from :crazy:

#31 ·
Well yes, unless you have a JDM prelude.. Then it was stock lol

#33 ·
I have one in mine. It's a cool little addition to have. I have yet to find a use for the piece that flips out. All the drinks have been too big, lol.

And I got mine from ICB Motorsport, also. Great service.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.