Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone has experience or knowledge on what it take to wire in a JDM climate control? I am thinking it can not be just wiring the pins, as north american or USDM gen5s have a physical cable that runs to heater core to control temps.

thanks,
alex-

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,449 Posts
It's just a matter of installing the extra sensors, motor (which replaces the cable), de-pinning the original dash harness and re-pinning it to the digi cc harness properly.

Everything is in Celsius not Fahrenheit, you need a complete kit (outside temp sensor/both inside temp sensors/and the motor that goes to the heater valve which name has slipped my mind/ blower motor transistor) Hardest part is mounting the motor in order to operate properly. It's been a few years since I installed mine, but managed to find all the info I needed and make my own pinout diagram within a few hours.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's just a matter of installing the extra sensors, motor (which replaces the cable), de-pinning the original dash harness and re-pinning it to the digi cc harness properly.

Everything is in Celsius not Fahrenheit, you need a complete kit (outside temp sensor/both inside temp sensors/and the motor that goes to the heater valve which name has slipped my mind/ blower motor transistor) Hardest part is mounting the motor in order to operate properly. It's been a few years since I installed mine, but managed to find all the info I needed and make my own pinout diagram within a few hours.

Nice...Do you think it was worth your time and money invested?

·
Super Moderator
6,449 Posts
Nice...Do you think it was worth your time and money invested?
I did it kinda as a challenge because people were complaining how difficult it was and nobody could get it working 100% at the time. Managed to figure some things out that those who "installed it for you" or would "sell you a complete kit with instructions" didn't know - resulting in features like the A/C not operating at all.

The wow factor is there, but I don't like having to convert the temperature or the fact that I've permanently cut holes into my dashboard. I haven't driven the car much over the years to make the call saying it was worth it or not. My original cc worked fine and now the digi cc works just the same.

So just be 100% dedicated prior to taking on this project.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts