Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
jdm climate control install thread (undated 12/26) 4:00 pm

so since my dad got laid off we are going to install all the stuff i have had laying around to install.

today i took it all out of the attic, inventoried all the parts i have to double check i have them all.

this project is going to start on Monday, because I'm off from work. i also will be off half of Tuesday all of wednesday all of thursday and all of Friday, i don't know how much will happen on Christmas eve and day. but i hope to have it done by next weekend.

we may also start the wiring for the 4ws while we have the dash out. ill put up pics of the parts later.

dash is out wiring is started

so what is completed so far is that the out side air temp sensor is inside the front bumper and the wires are run into the car, the power transistor and the blower motor high relay is wired up.

some more sensors are in but the big accomplishment is that the air mix motor is mounted and has a rod to make it work

all of the parts i used are parts that were on the usdm controls that are no longer needed since i have the jdm water valve which is electronically controlled rather than with a cable

ok alot was done today sunlight sensors mounted inside air temp sensor mounted some more wiring on the heater core and i also modded my gas/temp cluster to have an extra light for the 4ws. all wiring for the dash stuff is added to the oem dash harness/ plugs so i can unplug the dash and everything will go with it

no new pics today but the heater core is back in the water valve control solenoid is mounted and the vacume lines are run for it. all wiring is in and run under the carpets to the center of the car about 2 hr in the morning of some last min soldering and looming and then test and reinstall the dash she should be done by sundown tomorrow

didnt get a whole lot done last little bit to the blower motor high relay wiring, also got every wire thats already in the car tapped into the jdm plugs.

air mix motor

12/29

sunlight sensor

the air mix motor and heater core temp sensor were all added to one honda plug so if i ever take the hater core out again one plug and they are undone rather than fideling with two

inside air temp sensor

completed
auto

and manual modes

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Ah memories. Hope you don't run into any faulty pieces you have collected, and wiring goes just fine for you. If you are going off of that write up on that one site, just know that there is two different harness's for the climate control (only like 2 or 3 wires are different colors I think). My guess is the 92-93 and 94-96 change for some reason involved it. I had different colored wires on my harness for the blower motor and air mix motor.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah im going off the one from jrcromier

so far all the wires have been the correct colors.

i cant realy test as i go because i have my batt discnected, and if i hook it back up my alarm keeps going off because half of it isnt hooked up right now

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mugen adjustable suspension

also a half mast switch for my half mast antenna a dimmer switch so i could put the rear fog switch on the dash where it belongs, power folding mirrors, 94-96 fog switch

o yeah and its all in a jdm center console so my ebrake is on the passenger side

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
good luck, and that is a lot of jdm parts you got there, post some car pics

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
they only came with one. it is supposed to be on th driver side. I got one from a lhd and one from a rhd
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
87 Posts
if somebody needs rear fog lights, tell me! i can organize thema, but shipping costs to Canada or USA is not so cheap. So , dont tell me: i give you 20$ incl. shipping!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
The mistake that I made with my install was that I replaced the A/C sensor with the JDM one. It was not supposed to be replaced, the JDM is added in addition to the USDM sensor. This prevented my A/C from turning on.

happy trails, the conversion is worth it.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i had acutaly emailed him to verify that cause i wasnt sure how the ac would function thanks for confirming that for me.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
i was wondering, what if you used the inside air temp, and the sunlight sensor from another car like an rsx, would it still work?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts