Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JDM Accord Euro R Intake Manifold - HOW MUCH SHOULD I PAY?
what's goin on guys. in my NA build i would like one of my next purchases to be a JDM Accord euroR Intake Manifold. i've been browsing around the web and i've seen them range for $320-$375. a few questions...

is it worth the price?

anywhere i can find it cheaper?

once i do buy it should i definitely have it port n polished?

OR... should i look into a diff intake mani?

·
Registered
581 Posts
i dont have one on yet but i hope to in the near future. from what i read on here and other sites, it is worth the money

u might try roskoracing.com, in fact those are made to order as far as port matching and fab work.

and yes its probably better to get it port matched to the tb just so it flows better, personally im lookin at gettin an s2k tb and port matching to that.

good luck,

Ace

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont have one on yet but i hope to in the near future. from what i read on here and other sites, it is worth the money

u might try roskoracing.com, in fact those are made to order as far as port matching and fab work.

and yes its probably better to get it port matched to the tb just so it flows better, personally im lookin at gettin an s2k tb and port matching to that.

good luck,

Ace
thanks ace. i've actually read that it bolts right up to the s2k tb which i already have. so i'm gonna check out rosko. :grin:

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
My Euro R and throttle body combo were by far the best power adders for my lude and I'm not even tuned yet. I bought my manifold off of someone, that bought it from Rosko, but it was never used. His work is great and is worth every penny. I'd also get a Hondata gasket while you're at it.

The Accord used a 62mm throttle body like the S2000 and ITR's. So, you don't need to have it port matched to an S2000 throttle body. I want to say the opening is 64mm, if my memory serves me right.

·
Registered
989 Posts
The cheapest place to get a manifold is H-motors, they are $285 plus shipping. I pay no less than anyone else would either which is $320 shipped to my door. That price has gone up quite a bit from when I started doing these because of exchange rates and things like that BUT I've kept my prices the same. With that being said you are actually getting a better deal if you buy through me rather then buying it and sending it to me (if thats what you were going to do) If you figure the cost of the manifold plus the parts you are almost getting the service of plugging holes and tb port matching for free.

I don't do any "port and polish" work either, all I do is port match the throtttle body opening and then blend that in by hand to the plenum to make a nice and smooth transition, but I leave the runners themselves untouched. The injector porting is simply just porting around the injector tip for clearance and not for airflow performance. The work is identical to the Euro-R I run on my lude.

Oh and last I heard Hmotors wont have the manifolds back in stock until mid February so i won't even be able to get my hands on one till then. Last shipment that came in I was only able to get one before they were all gone so I'm hoping this time will be better. I already have a short list of people ready to purchase too!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The cheapest place to get a manifold is H-motors, they are $285 plus shipping. I pay no less than anyone else would either which is $320 shipped to my door. That price has gone up quite a bit from when I started doing these because of exchange rates and things like that BUT I've kept my prices the same. With that being said you are actually getting a better deal if you buy through me rather then buying it and sending it to me (if thats what you were going to do) If you figure the cost of the manifold plus the parts you are almost getting the service of plugging holes and tb port matching for free.

I don't do any "port and polish" work either, all I do is port match the throtttle body opening and then blend that in by hand to the plenum to make a nice and smooth transition, but I leave the runners themselves untouched. The injector porting is simply just porting around the injector tip for clearance and not for airflow performance. The work is identical to the Euro-R I run on my lude.

Oh and last I heard Hmotors wont have the manifolds back in stock until mid February so i won't even be able to get my hands on one till then. Last shipment that came in I was only able to get one before they were all gone so I'm hoping this time will be better. I already have a short list of people ready to purchase too!
thanks for all the info Rosko. i'll be purchasing the IM from you before june.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts