Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some insight from someone who has done it successfully. Please help me if you can, thanks in advanced. EURO R swap with or without the supercharger. I am not a professional car mechanic and may need alot of help and details!! Sorry in advanced!

The original motor was a bonestock h22a4, 440cc rc injectors, golden eagle fuel rail, aem fuel regulator, and a Jackson Racing Supercharger running on 6psi. ECU is a chipped p28, (most likely a h22a4 base map). I bought the car like this which is why I do not know much about the car. All of this knowledge was acquired after working it. I blew this motor and bought a JDM H22a Euro R swap.

Swapped in the new motor and now it is the bonestock euro r with all of the above. ^^

After getting the motor in and all the lines hooked up I have a few loose plugs and unfortunately the motor is running like crap. Very low idle, around 500rpm. A lot of smoking out of the exhaust and seems like it is running rich. Also have bad throttle response and the motor just sounds really rough like it almost wants to stall.

Modifications ive done for it to work have been.
-Used h22a4 wire harness
-Used h22a4 front, rear, and driver side engine mounts.
-Swapped crank pulley (Harmonic Balancer) for powersteering.
- Used Rywire distributor adapter to bypass crank position sensor to the internal coil obd1 dizzy.
-Swapped over vtec solenoid housing for the vtec oil pressure switch.

It would be awesome if anyone could tell me what modifications you did and what kind of engine management you used and how your motor ran for you after the swap.!! I planned on taking it into a performance shop for I thought it only needed a tune but some others have told me that the problem is deeper than a tune.. I want to confirm this and fix any problem before I take it in.
Appreciate any help!! Thanks!!!

·
Administrator
6,802 Posts
What loose plugs do you have? Did you swap all of the sensors to make things easier? (yes, i see you opted to use the internal coil distributor - personally would have gone with the pump since the motor was out anyway)

Is the car still equipped with the SH transmission or did you change that out as well?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What loose plugs do you have? Did you swap all of the sensors to make things easier? (yes, i see you opted to use the internal coil distributor - personally would have gone with the pump since the motor was out anyway)

Is the car still equipped with the SH transmission or did you change that out as well?
One of the issues is that I suck when it comes to electrical.. I actually only have one loose plug that I can point out.. Im thinking it may belong the the evap system. I will try and post a picture soon!

Should I have swapped the sensors from the euro R manifold to the jackson racing manifold or leave it the way it is..? I was wondering that too.. More information on that would be great.

I am using a lsd t2w4 transmission that came with the euro r. And I went with the internal dizzy because I havent really messed with timing yet and didnt want to get into it.
The motor is running so I am going to assume the cps bypass was successful. Im hopeing my problem is somewhere else now.

·
Administrator
6,802 Posts
Knock, crank and distributor should be the only different pligs/sensors. Pic of spare plug?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts