Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
have an age old question for you guys, love your opinion?
Using trolley jack and axle stands.
If I want to jack up prelude to support on axle stands?

Where should I insert jack?

I have used front towing eye to trolley jack up and then insert axle stand at front jacking point, at each side.

Using front towing eye bracket is very strong and will lift all front end either side. But eye bracket is not meant for this abuse and will eventually bend. So where should I lift car front to use oem jacking points for axle stands?

I realise spare wheel jack is for emergency only.

To use a workshop jack- where is the best jacking point please?

Love to hear your opinions?

Thanks.

·
'01 Milano Red - BB615
982 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
for me i find it difficult to use the side jacking points, because it hard to place jack-stands, i the front and back is my spots are my first choice,

·
Registered
40 Posts
Have an SH with the factory ground effects package. I tape wood to the top of my jackstands, and use the areas specified. Don't think there is much of anywhere else to put them and have access to suspension and engine, with the car solid.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I get there are specific jacking points but no one wants to work under the car while it's actually on the jack. Are there specific spots to place jack stands?

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
yes you jack form the front and the rear, and the jackstands go ont he sides where the lift points are.

Quite simple, and do no tunder any circumstances work under a jack, and also, always put a tire or some blocks of wood under the car just incase your jackstands fail.

A number of years ago, there was a BMW enthuusist killed when his jack stands failed and his car crushed him. His name was Christian. Becuase of his incident, i often remind myself and others how we forget how dangerous it can be.

Stay safe when working on your cars fella's, theres no cost for a tool or a process or a tutor greater than that of your life.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Good to know, thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, good advice, but where is front jack point?
My honda handbook only gives jacking points at sides?
So, as original question, where is front jacking point? or rear?
I have jacked front towing eye in past, to allow insertion of axle stands at recommended side jacking points?
But front towing eye could bend, so, where is front jacking point in your opinions?
Also rear towing eye is through boot, not strong enough for kerb weight.
Like to know if there is a honda recommened front/back jack point instead of sides as per manual?
I like to jack front or back and then use side axle stands.
Please advise?

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
On the front cross memebr right where the bar that goes under the transmission meets the cross member, theres a small tow hook there as well.

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
do people not read previous post before posting up the same question within a post about the same thing? The answer was posted several times already along with a pic

1 - 11 of 11 Posts