Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
i'm having a real time finding a h22a manual tranny starter.does the starter have to be a jdm unit spec for the h22 or will another model starter fit? maybe another model will be easy to find.
any help would be great. thanks folks

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
i've heard different things about the flywheels being different, but most of them seems like just the JUN flywheel being cut different, and when users went from a US to a JDM starter their issues went away, but i pretty much haven't heard anything other then that, so i would say get a US starter and if it doesn't work you can sell it easily, but if you REALLY need a JDM one you can probably call hmotorsonline.com and they probably have one laying around, or any of the importing companies for that matter

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i've heard different things about the flywheels being different, but most of them seems like just the JUN flywheel being cut different, and when users went from a US to a JDM starter their issues went away, but i pretty much haven't heard anything other then that, so i would say get a US starter and if it doesn't work you can sell it easily, but if you REALLY need a JDM one you can probably call hmotorsonline.com and they probably have one laying around, or any of the importing companies for that matter
thanks
i bought a jdm h22a from tiger japanese. i also bought a fadanza 8lb aluminum flywheel,hope this won't be an issue.
i emailed tiger as well as all other net based importers.
as well as checked ebay now for a year.the only starters i found where listed in the us and they told me they don't ship to canada.
so now what do i do right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts