Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my 97 base auto as my first car in Aug. of 04. Two weeks after I got it, got sideswipped by a moron and majorly hurt my car. Was without it for 2 months. After that, dropped about $1500 in a stereo. Sweet. Had that for maybe 3-4 months, completely stolen. Got another $300 deck. Stolen within about 7 months. December 05, tranny went out. $2500 to rebuild it. Cool. Oh yeah, also got hit in the bumper at night while parked at my house and no idea who did it. About $200. Bought another deck (#3) and had to run over to dealers to find the right kits/harnesses/brackets to replace cause they were stolen. Now, because of that rebuilt tranny, the VTEC solenoid wire came off or something and had to be replaced. When I went in for that, they fixed some recall problem with the ignition, but mine was special evidentally because it got an entirely new ignition system which means...separate keys for my ignition/doors. Now my rotors are warped so gotta buy new ones.

Is my car cursed?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
You are a very unlucky person but alot of this couldve been avoided, the SS tranny is notoriously known to be crap. All your audio stuff, you couldve atleast put in a better security system. Rotors wrap because you slam on the brakes or because you brake hard, heat up the brakes and then put on the ebrake and trap the heat/gases right there on the rotor.

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
ummm not unlucky....

your just not use to getting shafted by the car gods.

live my life i had when i drove my lude & my integra and you'll feel real good about money down the drain.

·
www.Zohf.com
3,612 Posts
Apparently you just live in a shitty neighborhood, the other things are basically routine maintenance besides the tranny. Hope things work out a bit more in your favor from now on :emthup:

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts