Honda Prelude Forum banner

Is my Door actuator going bad?

969 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  TYPEII 
#1 ·
Using the remote FOB, when the door is locked (manually by inserting the key and twisting), I can unlock it with the remote, the actuator works to open the doors, but I cannot lock the doors with the remote, the lights blinks and the LED comes on, but no sound or locking of the door by the actuator... So what's wrong?

Thanks

#4 · (Edited)
Pretty much the same issue i noticed when I got my lude and only found out because a couple of times when i knew i had locked the car and my buddy walked up and just opens the passenger door without my unlocking and i was like wtf? Started to realise then it wouldn't lock and even sometimes manually it was stiff.multiple times I cleaned out everything and checked over all the wire/connections and rods and lubed it and it was fine for maybe a week but then it was super horrible and my driver side started getting finiky also( car had 220k kms on it). Ended up saying screw it brought it right to the proper honda dealer in town and had them do the full install on two brand new actuators and check/lube everything up and man oh man its the best thing ever for the last 2 years and 15k. Manual and power locks absolutely butter smooth effortless and a nice loud noise when locking/unlocking and even when using the key it's just pureee butter. 3hr job that they only charged me 1hr labor for since I've spent well over 5gs in parts there and literally the entire dealership knows me by name and calls the parts lady to desk soon as i walk in haha, even have her number to txt for orders when im out of town. Bonus is when I go there i even get to go to the warehouse myself to order my parts and pick them up haha.

#7 ·
For anyone searching this Topic down the road.

Fixed! It was the Switch Assembly, it had gotten loose and was not connecting to the Right side Master Key Cylinder, there's a tiny slot on the assembly that slides into the cylinder, the slot turns the cylinder when you press your remote.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.