Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to keep my SS alive as long as possible, haha. Will auto transmission coolers help keep the transmission alive longer? Any info/suggestions on auto tranny coolers would be much appreciated.

·
You myron?
1,540 Posts
It won't hurt. i have no experience with the auto trans in ludes but it's hit or miss with the tranny, either it lasts forever or it blows up.

·
Registered
272 Posts
read that already. not really much info.
Posted via Mobile
it probly would help...but do you really want to invest more money into something you know will fail sooner than later rather than save up for a manual swap?

·
Registered
644 Posts
i had my ss rebuilt and had a cooler added on during the rebuild, although the car has never been the same i think its helps prolong the life of the tranny...

·
Premium Member
3,487 Posts
it probly would help...but do you really want to invest more money into something you know will fail sooner than later rather than save up for a manual swap?
to my knowledge, everything on cars is made to fail sooner or later. AT coolers can be had for under 50 dollars...

'Kept my main auto going just fine up to the day I had enough cash flow to swap.

So to the OP, yes they are worth, no they aren't expensive, yes they only have positive results.

·
Banned
4,812 Posts
to my knowledge, everything on cars is made to fail sooner or later. AT coolers can be had for under 50 dollars...

'Kept my main auto going just fine up to the day I had enough cash flow to swap.

So to the OP, yes they are worth, no they aren't expensive, yes they only have positive results.
lol. finally. a straight up answer to the mans question w/o...dude swap it now its gonna fail sooner or later...its not what he asked ppl. what he asked will that tranny cooler help or not

/rant

1 - 8 of 8 Posts