Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
why are you wanting to put a b21 tranny on a h22 block??....what gains are you trying to get from this,or do u just want to use the b21 tranny cause you got it laying around?

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
based on his other posts, he has a third gen with a b21 in it. the motor is probably going south, so he is looking for other options.

he trying to figure out if any other/better motors will fit on his stock drivetrain.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
wouldnt a b21 tranny "top out" in the gearing too quickly to get the maximum performance out of the h22 engine??? i thought thats why people swapped the accord 5th gear into our trannys so it wouldnt "top out" so quickly, and lower highway rmps.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
no...he's asking about a b20a/b21 transmission on an h block...read the thread title.
i think he meant B Series.
based on his other posts, he has a third gen with a b21 in it. the motor is probably going south, so he is looking for other options.

he trying to figure out if any other/better motors will fit on his stock drivetrain.
your so efficient..
not everybody would do their research like you..

oh, and for anyone who might wanna know, the transmission code for a b21a1 transmission is K4.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
wouldnt a b21 tranny "top out" in the gearing too quickly to get the maximum performance out of the h22 engine??? i thought thats why people swapped the accord 5th gear into our trannys so it wouldnt "top out" so quickly, and lower highway rmps.
i think that's exactly backwards...

the transmission is geared to run much further than the stock b20/b21 can spin.

our cars are not limited by the transmissions...they are limited by the motor's ability to breathe.

the H22 can rev for days, so it should like our transmissions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts