Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys possibly getting my first Honda and so happens to be a Prelude. This guy wants to trade it for my v6 94 Camaro (3.4 motor). It is a 93 Prelude and the guy said that after the rebuild on the motor it started smoking and that it is more than likely the rings or valve stem seals. He said "it has h22a fresh rebuild has eagle rods and type s pistons and type s head. Has lsd trans with stage 2 clutch has ported intake and fullbodie coilovers it also has a tuned ecu."

Mind you I do work on my own vehicles and just let me know now if it a bad idea now and ill walk away. I say this because I don't know much about these "upgrades" to be honest. Otherwise my question is should I stay with the Type S Pistons or go with OEM. I did a little research and I found that it is a bad idea unless you have a good tune to turbo this set up because of the compression ratio. Also he is giving me another h22 block and OEM pistons.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Content deleted, because, some little snowflake out there can't handle some garage talk. That, and wing9903 says they are too long to read.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well this seems like a dumb question now lol .. Well I guess the question is, Should I go with stock pistons or Type s pistons? Sorry..

·
Registered
324 Posts
Content deleted, because, some little snowflake out there can't handle some garage talk. That, and wing9903 says they are too long to read.

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,274 Posts
I hope your research isn't in facebook groups. The majority of those guys are meatheads who were roasted alive in places like this.

I would want to see proof of all of these upgrades before putting any money on this car. I don't know how many "JDM" and "Type S" H22A1's and H22A4's people have tried to sell me since I started with Preludes. Everyone claims to have one, or they think that because they bought an engine from an importer, it is a higher output version.

Type S (high compression) pistons + turbo? What?

My advice: I wouldn't buy any car that has been modified unless you are intimately familiar with that type of car, and what they are claiming has been done to it. You could end up paying for parts that aren't even on the car.

I would pass on it.
Exactly all of this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts