Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm from Europe, so I hope technical stuff is not too different between European and US specced cars.
recently I bought a 1992 Honda Prelude 2.3 (H23A1 I think) 160 HP.
On the technical inspection they mentioned the exhaust system is becoming rusty.
Now I've found a stainless steel exhaust system custom made for a 4G 2.0 (F22A1 I think) for 350€ (was 1.200€ new)
Does anybody know if this would fit on my 2.3?

The owner has crashed the car and sold the shell, but still has several parts available.
Any suggestions to which parts I might stock up on?

And another question: my sunroof is quite rusty on the passengers' side.
The owner of that car also has another one with a little rust.
So I'm thinking of buying that for 40€ and swap them.
What is the best way to swap the sunroofs? Do I need to remove the whole headliner, or can I just switch the roof itself?

·
Registered
881 Posts
I'm not going to answer your exhaust question. I will teach you how to answer it yourself!

Search part #'s for H23A1 exhaust-header gasket.
Search part #'s for F22A1 exhaust-header gasket.

Are they the same part? If not, you'll have to re-flange the exhaust header. No big whoop, it's the same exhaust system, but it may not "bolt right up".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Saw such swaps on Youtube, but have not found a 5th gen roof.
I did buy the roof from the seller. It looked OK on the outside, but when removing from the assembly, I did notice that the black metal pieces started rusting.
There is a rust spot to repair on my car, so I'll ask the painter to also fix the roof I bought.
Then it will be probably OK for another 10 or 15 years, should be enough ;)

·
Registered
JDM 4th Gen Prelude 2.2 Vtec Turbo
220 Posts
You can just swap a glass panel from a 5th gen, which will fit perfectly with a washer or 2 on the runners.

Or you can get really into it and swap the entire 5th gen sunroof assembly which also gives you the sliding glass visor, that's a bit more involved though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts