Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the original owner of a red 1984 Prelude. The car has approximately 37,000 original miles and it is all original and in great condition but has not been driven or started in ten years. The car has been under cover in a garage for the past 20 years. I joined this forum as I am deciding whether to get the car back on the road again or sell it. I am curious if there is interest in such a car and thought this forum would be a great place to test the water. This is an older picture, but the car still looks the same.
Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Registered
1985 Prelude
Damn you even have the popup fog lights. Yeah I have one and it's my favorite car.

To get it roadworthy again would take a bit of work. The hoses are likely dry rotted by now, the carb would need to be tuned, all the fluids changed, et cetera. But plenty of people here can give you advice if you need it 馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. It is a sweet car, but its in Maine and I'm in Virginia, and I don't know that I have the time to get it roadworthy. I am curious if there is a market for a car like this?

Registered
1985 Prelude
There certainly is, but I think what you really want to know is how much you can get for selling one. If you took it out of the garage, washed the dust off, then slapped a for sale sticker on it, you'd get between 2000 to 3000. If you put the work and money in to get it running good and looking polished, I'd expect about 10,000.

Registered
Yes there is a market for it but it's small. But in the lqst few months Ludes have been selling for more and more. But you have to find the right buyer.
If you want to get the most money out of it def. consider sites like bringatrailer.com not ebay.
If you do some bqsic maintanence that is needed after 20 years, polish her up and find the right buyer you cqn get around 8-10k for it. at least 8-12k is what clean low mileage examples have been "going" for the last few months. But it really needs to be clean, rust free and driving good, to be worth that money馃憤Maine is quite cold so I would be concerned about rust. For more info and help and maybe even interested buyers, I would advise you to check out the Facebook group "Second Gen Prelude Owners Worldwide". It's the todays equivalent of this forum, as this forum is dead as you sure have noticed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts