Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much of a difference would it be from building like say a d16y8 compaired to an h22a4, i mean it is kind of the same or is there more technicality ?

what the hell am i gettin myself into if i throw in low compression pistons and turbo charge my lude ?

·
Registered
522 Posts
jdm bb6 said:
what the hell am i gettin myself into if i throw in low compression pistons and turbo charge my lude ?
the best combination ever...duhhh

·
bangin' gears
15,675 Posts
do you want to sleeve the block or do you want to run the Mahle pistons? You will need aftermarket rods as well.

d16 = easy and cheap
h22 = laborious and expensive

gotta factor in fuel upgrades, tuning, tires, clutch (depending on what you have now)

there's a whole list of things to look into and this is not something that you just jump into. Jump into it and you are going to spend twice as much.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i am not sleeving my block. i understand how to turbocharge a lude.. but i am dreading building it. i wouldnt mind help pricing it all out, but i am selling an a4 and just going to build my type S.. use the a4 w/ tranny cash to buy all of my mods and turbo applications and then what i have left for the labor cost. all of my friends build d16's b16's b18 and such but when my friend opened up my motor he was baffled... scared me a bit

i have the pistons and rods set. and tomorrow if i have time i plan to go to the automotive sector on campus and talk to the teacher there. i was told he bores out, hones and port and polishes for cheap...

·
bangin' gears
15,675 Posts
rule of thumb....dont go with someone just cuz they are cheap.

btw, just wanted you to know that you are completely negating that you wasted alot of money buying a type s if you are just going to rebuild it and boost. And you have atts which is going to require a custom downpipe.

word of advice, let someone who has had EXPERIENCE with the h22 build it. You cant just throw any forged piston in there without sleeving the block. The only piston you can go with without sleeving the block is the Mahle pistons.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
well knowone is buying my type S and i dont want it just sitting on my garage floor... i know i wasted a lot of cash but i mean i have a better chance at selling my h22a4 than my motor in my car.. shitty but true

i was thinking h23 pistons with h22a rods. bring it slow and safe enough so i dont have to sleeve. i dont want to run 20 lbs, 12 is fine with me, and 6 at all times. it has been done. all of my extra cash will be going into my tune which is most important.

·
Registered
343 Posts
DOHC is a DOHC as far as honda goes. very small difference. arent the D series SOHC? in that case of course he was baffled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts