Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wsup. I want to make my lude brighter by adding more lights to the interior because my lude doesn't have courtesy door lights. What options do i have? I was thinking of buying led strips and mounting them under the dash.. Is there anyway for the led strips to turn on when the dome light turns on (opening the door, pressing the unlock button on the remote,etc.)? What's a good site to buy LED strips from?

Thanks.

·
_
2,494 Posts
i went to ikea and bought 50 dollar led strips. they were a very clean, bright, white, 12" long, hooked straight up to 12 volts, and were very thin. about a half inch tall, by a half inch deep. only came with 4 for fifty bucks. kinda expensive, but they're very hide-able.

it's possible to do anything you want your lights to do. check out a helms manual to see where your base has it's switched wires run to. should be a little bit of work doing the searching for the exact wire, and then a whole lot more actually routing the wire through the door's wire jacket, and then onto the door, which is just as 'easily' removable.

lights are cool and all, but based on the work it would take to make it perfect, versus the real benefits, i says'd: "fuck it."

i found a set of good LEDs, which would be easy to install at walmart. it was just a sealed LED, with the inline resistor already attached and heat-shrunk on there. you'd just have to find some way to mount them, cus it was just like a squid, with the 'bulb' and the leads hanging off. they were less than 20 bucks CDN too.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Wsup. I want to make my lude brighter by adding more lights to the interior because my lude doesn't have courtesy door lights. What options do i have? I was thinking of buying led strips and mounting them under the dash.. Is there anyway for the led strips to turn on when the dome light turns on (opening the door, pressing the unlock button on the remote,etc.)? What's a good site to buy LED strips from?

Thanks.
ebay have a whole varieties on led strips

1 - 4 of 4 Posts