Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried to look through all the threads to find a list, but many threads are exterior parts or for the engine. (And also about 10+ years old) Prelude aren't common around me and I haven't found any junk yards that have them, I'm trying to figure out which vehicles have interchangeable parts with the 2000 Prelude.
I'm looking for factory wire harnesses for the back speakers and the radio, along with the factory radio dash.

The previous owners did a lot with the wiring so it has been a long process to restore it back its original state. It's also been impossible to fit even the radio in without the factory dash.

·
99 SH
189 Posts
For the wiring harness for the rear speakers you are going to want to make sure you match your trim types. SHs had an amplifier built in and a mic to dynamically adjust the output. I don't think you are going to find any other vehicle that has the same dash but they should be interchangeable for all 5th gens.

·
Super Moderator
6,487 Posts
Those are all Prelude only items. For the radio harness, you will want to stay 99-01 as the 97/98 radio plug differs.

Craigslist, ebay, fb groups, partout threads on here - all good sources for parts.

Side note -all models had the acoustic feedback system. Most commonly bypassed electrical component within a 5th gen Prelude. So you're better off cutting the wire at the main plug at the rear deck and running individual wires to the speakers from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts