Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a question... on the intake manifold it has all these ports or wutever inside and i was wondering if its good for the car if there open all the time.. like i rigged it up so that those ports stay open... i wanna know if anyone knows if thats good for the car or not

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is it worth doin tho?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
i had to disable my iac's because i run an odbI... and i also did a way with the egr stuff. it's not really worth it if you just have bolt-ons and if you're obdII. you're just gonna throw a bunch of codes.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Can someone PLEASE explain to me how the hell you do this. I recently converted to a p28 obd1 and I feel I am losing high end power due to my iac's not opening!! I've tried searching but I cannot seem to find a writ up on this.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
there's a... well.. i guess you'd call it a "plenum" on the right side of the intake manifold when you look at it from the front. it's kind of a goldish color i think... it's round. there's a nipple on the front of it with 1 black vacuum hose coming out of it.

all you do is disconnect that hose and leave it like that. don't cap or plug anything. the intake manifold will sound... uh... "airier" after that. atleast mine did. it was just slightly louder.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
yeah, a little bit. i cant really tell because i'm cammed and my car bogs, sputters and idles a little crazy sometimes... but it shouldn't be anything you'll notice.

i was skeptical at first about how easy it was too, but it works this way, i promise.

at idle they're closed, when you push in the throttle they close, and above 5000rpm or whatever they open back up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts