Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've done a lot of poking around and there's so many conflicting things online about intake manis for our cars. So long story short, between rosko's euro r, skunk2 and a bored usdm, what give the best results n/a, with a p28? I'd like to preserve drivability and not lose anything on the low end.

Also, between the euro and skunk, what issues did you run into, if any, installing them on a 5th gen?

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,274 Posts
Euro R > *

The Euro R manifold has the absolute best fit (because it's an OE Honda part), and builds the best powerband for a bolt-ons car that will be driven on the street. The Skunk2 manifold is only an improvement if you plan on building a wild, N/A car with high compression, big cams, and decreased streetability. The biggest drawback is, the Skunk2 manifold doesn't have provisions for any of the emissions items or FICV that the Euro R does, and can be adapted to.

A modified OE H22A4 manifold is okay, especially considering you can modify it for free vs. spending money on another part. But, it really limits what you can do. Most people just delete the butterfly valves in the plate for more top end, but then the bottom end of the powerband suffers greatly due to decreased intake velocity. Boring out the inlet for the throttle body doesn't really do anything, and expensive machinework on a stock manifold is kind of a wash, price-wise and performance-wise.

I currently have one of Rosko's Euro R manifolds on my car, paired with an ITR 68mm throttle body, Rosko phenolic intake gasket, and fuel rail adapter. I couldn't be happier with fit & finish, and the way the car builds good mid-range power.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet, thanks for the feedback. sounds like Rosko it is then. It's a pretty pricey piece, but if it has the best performance and doesn't require any hack installation steps like the skunk2, it will be worth it. how do you think it will do with an s2000 tb since I already have one lying around? 66mm I believe.

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,274 Posts
Should be just fine. If you want everything to work like it did from the factory, message Rosko for some advice on how to go about doing it the right way.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah I noticed after asking on here that you can choose how much you want the manifold ported when you check out. once I'm ready to buy, i'll shoot them an email to make sure I get everything right the first time. thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts