Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my hands on an intake manifold from a GSR integra..i was wondering if there was a way to mod it to fit my 86 si...caus ive been looking at that intake set up..that comes stock...and its just not cutting it..=) so i was wondering if theres a way to fit this one on there...

Steve~

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
sounds shity to me..i was reading on that kid shadys intake, was reading somthing about it bogging down...i was gonna run a turbo set up with stock internals..was wondering about using that intake mani?...can i modify it with a dremal? or somthing along those lines?

oh yea and another question, how can i get an exhaust manifold made for a turbo set up?

·
Registered
593 Posts
I did the b18 intake as well... sucks when you try to take off... bogs down real bad... only good part about it is that is does help upwards past 6k rpm. Also aftermarket support... large TBs, high flow fuel rails, etc.
I recommened against it however, I put the stock manifold back on and the car runs 10x better.

Also, good luck on finding an already made manifold for turbo. I am going to settle with chopping the end of my stock manifold off and welding a flange to it, should work, lol.

·
Registered
833 Posts
On a turbo set up it would work better, shadys was just to big for the set up he was running I believe. To get the exhaust mani take your car into an exhaust shop and tell them what you want and what kind of turbo you're going to run so they can make up the right flange for it.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the advice guys...=)

·
OILCOUNTRYMODERATOR
1,750 Posts
first of all i would like to ask for you to show a little more respect. im not just some kid and i would rather you call me almost anything else...

with the right cr you would be able to get away with a b18 stock intake mani or an aftermarket mani with long runners for the b18a1...anything with bigger ports and shorter runners is going to require boost...

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shady_Pro said:
first of all i would like to ask for you to show a little more respect. im not just some kid and i would rather you call me almost anything else...

with the right cr you would be able to get away with a b18 stock intake mani or an aftermarket mani with long runners for the b18a1...anything with bigger ports and shorter runners is going to require boost...

sorry to offend you.. dont mind my termanology...it may have sounded ignorant and disrespectful, but i meant no harm by it...:eek:mg:

·
OILCOUNTRYMODERATOR
1,750 Posts
thanks i just don't appriciate it

·
OILCOUNTRYMODERATOR
1,750 Posts
best thing is to get a b16 intake mani and port it out if you have head work otherwise use the a20a3 intake mani off the accord its a little bigger

edit

ill leave that comment there but actually i just got an intake mani and im confused as to whats going on...the intake mani is suppose to be from a 3g accord but i have a 3 g accord a20a4 and its the same as my prelude so im starting to think its not what i thought or was told it is...

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the advice..ive voted against the b18 mani for now...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts